Garmin eTrex?

Yes you can download coords to the yellow Etrex. It will work fine for Geocaching. It's a basic unit with none of the bells and whistles of a lot of other units but it will take you to the caches like the expensive units. It's a very good, inexpensive unit that works great.

Yes you can download coords to the yellow Etrex. It will work fine for Geocaching. It's a basic unit with none of the bells and whistles of a lot of other units but it will take you to the caches like the expensive units. It's a very good, inexpensive unit that works great.

I just checked Garmin's website and for some reason it said that it was not Geocaching friendly. Is this true? And can you manually enter in coordinates?

I just checked Garmin's website and for some reason it said that it was not Geocaching friendly. Is this true? And can you manually enter in coordinates?

I'm sure you can upload caches as waypoints to the extex via Mapsource or through this website directly. I'm pretty sure you can also manually enter coordintes, but that would be kinda lengthy...

One thing you will not be able to use is maps...

I and a whole lot of other people have found a lot of caches for a long time using the yellow Etrex so I have no idea what the website means. It's about as simple to use as you can find and it will point you to any cache you put into it. You can manually load coords and you can use software such as EasyGPS or GSAK to load the caches into an Etrex. When we're out caching I use a 76MAP as my main GPS but I still carry a yellow Etrex with duplicate caches loaded into it. My Etrex goes with me with hunting and fishing as it's easy to use and does what I need for those activities. The main downside of the Etrex is it doesn't have built in road maps. If you don't need or want roadmaps then the Etrex will work fine.