Question on Nuvi 765T

I know there have been a ton of posts concerning the Nuvi units, and I've read most of them, but have a few questions outside the realm of what most are asking. Obviously, having read the previous threads, I know uploading caches is possible. I have NEVER used one of these devices and am not familiar with exactly how they work so my questions may be kind of elementary based on my lack of knowledge of them.

I guess first let me explain how I want to use it. The unit will only be used to assist me with navigating to the general area, have a PN-40 which will be used outside the car. I will be traveling from S. Florida to Maine this summer and would like to complete the I-95 challenge (GC1BQ72). This challenge requires (2) caches be found in each state I-95 passes through. One on the east side and one on the west side of 95, with 10 miles of each other. What I want to do is preload these caches into the GPS and as I'm driving up 95 be notified when I'm approaching them and need to exit the highway.

So here are my questions.

1. I know the caches are uploaded into the unit as POIs. Are there user settings to turn on/off the display of POIs (ie. if I have caches installed are they always going to be displayed or can I turn off a setting so they are hidden if I'm not out caching)? Also, if there is a setting, is it all or nothing? Am I going to be able to only have the unit display the caches and not every bank, gas station, restaurant in town?

2. For my 95 trip, can I set up a route so it will direct me to my first 2 caches in Georgia, then my 2 in S. Carolina, etc... all the way up the coast or will I have to manually set up each state as I complete it?

Thought I had more questions than that, will post a reply if I think of anything else. Thanks for the help.

I copy caches, either individually or from a PQ to my 765T. They then show as an icon on the screen. You can "touch" the cache and say "go to" and the unit will navigate you to it. You can then delete the cache from the 765T if you no longer want to see it on the screen.

I don't think that you can turn on/off the cache display, but I have not investigated that.