Dakota 20 shutdown while saving current track

ek142

Some days ago I upgraded my Dakota 20 with the latest firmware, version 2.80. Most of the time it works fine, but when I try to save my current track it aborts and shutdown.

I don't know what caused this behavior, does anybody have the same problems or maybe have a solution?

Edited by ek142
Some days ago I upgraded my Dakota 20 with the latest firmware, version 2.80. Most of the time it works fine, but when I try to save my current track it aborts and shutdown.

I don't know what caused this behavior, does anybody have the same problems or maybe have a solution?

New problems came to light for Colorado/Oregon/Dakota owners with the 3.30 (CO and OR) and 2.80 (DK) release.

I gave up on 2.80, but because I didn't have a downloaded 2.70, and because Garmin doesn't seem to have one on their web site, backed up to 2.61. Found mine here and reinstalled: http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=4751

Add your call to the deluge they should be getting at Garmin's tech support # tomorrow. Bad idea to release new code right before you plan a 3 day weekend. Happy Monday, Garmin.

Edit: When I save a track, it saves normally. At least I don't have that problem.

Edited by ecanderson

I'm having the same problem. When I boot up I get a "corrupt PNZ file" error but the GPS boots up normally after that. It happened after the upgrade to 2.8.

I've deleted all the BirdsEye imagery off my GPS and I'm going to test it some more this afternoon and see if they're related. It's a little frustrating - I went on a hike yesterday and had to just download the full track off the GPS and divide it into sections later.

I'm having the same problem. When I boot up I get a "corrupt PNZ file" error but the GPS boots up normally after that. It happened after the upgrade to 2.8.

I've deleted all the BirdsEye imagery off my GPS and I'm going to test it some more this afternoon and see if they're related. It's a little frustrating - I went on a hike yesterday and had to just download the full track off the GPS and divide it into sections later.

Having the same problem here, hope they fix it soon.