Most Logged cache

M 5

Not sure if there is a way to search for this, but I logged this (GC10FB) a while ago and noticed how many found logs it had. Now over 3100. Any have more than this one? I think its going to be hard to beat. Since that one is a virtual, it might be neat to see the most logged Traditional, multi and puzzle as well. The oldest active cache "Mingo" has almost 1300 at posting.

GC43F3 has 8,699 finds as of today

That seems fishy to me. And a clear example of why Virtuals shouldn't be allowed.

I take the opposite approach -- it's a wonderful example of what a well-done virtual cache looked like and it is one of the most beloved caches in the province. Certainly the most logged cache I know of (just to bring this back on topic!)

GC43F3 has 8,699 finds as of today

That seems fishy to me. And a clear example of why Virtuals shouldn't be allowed.

Why the scepticism?

That cache has been around since at least the 21st of March, 2002, and is two kinds of grandfathered caches!

The reason that it has been found so often is that the CO moves it around Alberta periodically (its placement date being just a few days ago indicates that it was moved to Peace River on that date). As a result of this practice, many more people will have the opportunity to find it. 1000 finds on an easy virtual after 8 years isn't that unusual, and with it travelling around the whole province , many more people have a chance to find it (some have probably logged several finds, not that I'd log it more than once...)

I don't know how current this is, but this bookmark breaks traditional caches down by state and country:

http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.a...aa-c1605c1d9b5b

And this one lists caches that have over a thousand finds - which includes notations for most found mystery, multis, earthcaches, and other types.

http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.a...0e-bfe87fd38e1b

Edited by Erickson

Anyone had problems trying to log the find on a cache with a high number of finds? I found the Big Orange Travel Bug Convention Center (GZK8ZV) once. It has 756 logged visits showing on it at the moment. When I tried to log it, gc.com took forever to display anything.