Garmin Oregon x00 v3.70 Update

Garmin have released a new update for their Oregon x00 GPSrs - v3.70. But although it seems to have improved the clarity of their OSGB Discoverer maps, a few users have reported they can no longer see waypoints or geocaches on these maps (although they are visible when using the TOPO maps on the same GPSr!)

On the face of it I wouldn't recommend this update unless you don't mind this new bug - unless any intrepid users can tell me that they've updated their Oregon x00 to v3.70 without this problem showing up.

Chris

Unfortunately we've already done the upgrade to our Oregon 300. :D

We haven't had chance to find out exactly what is wrong, but have noticed that the icons are there until you zoom in - then they disappear. :lol:

With the Garmin Discoverer mapping I don't get any at any level of map zooming, or the track log. If I switch the OS map layer off and resort to basemap, then they are there and working fine. It seems Garmin don't test their firmware with Discoverer mapping - as I guess they do their development in the US?

Jon.

Unfortunately we've already done the upgrade to our Oregon 300. :D

We haven't had chance to find out exactly what is wrong, but have noticed that the icons are there until you zoom in - then they disappear. :lol:

With the Garmin Discoverer mapping I don't get any at any level of map zooming, or the track log. If I switch the OS map layer off and resort to basemap, then they are there and working fine. It seems Garmin don't test their firmware with Discoverer mapping - as I guess they do their development in the US?

Jon.

Has anyone reported it to Garmin?

Garmin have released a new update for their Oregon x00 GPSrs - v3.70. But although it seems to have improved the clarity of their OSGB Discoverer maps, a few users have reported they can no longer see waypoints or geocaches on these maps (although they are visible when using the TOPO maps on the same GPSr!)

On the face of it I wouldn't recommend this update unless you don't mind this new bug - unless any intrepid users can tell me that they've updated their Oregon x00 to v3.70 without this problem showing up.

Chris

Interesting, when the Garmin Oregon Wiki states:

Detailed Version History

Software 3.70

* Added support for Garmin BirdsEye .

* Added mmHg pressure units.

* Added ability to change active track color.

* Added option to calibrate screen under Setup->Display.

Caveat: Next two items still unverified, but i suppose them to be included in this release (more after Easter)

* Added custom waypoint symbol and geocache symbol support.

* Corrected issue with GPS acquisition on certain units.

from here

Unfortunately we've already done the upgrade to our Oregon 300. B)

We haven't had chance to find out exactly what is wrong, but have noticed that the icons are there until you zoom in - then they disappear. :)

Thanks for your post. I find that the OSGB maps lose definition when I zoom in beyond 300ft anyway, could you advise me when the geocache icons disappear for you please??

(I've also seen a link at the Oregon Wiki to reinstall v3.60 if you need to reverse your update!)

Chris

whats the email address for garmin, im gonna log a complaint even through im not updating it till this is solved. has anyone tried disabling the maps then re enabling them? i know this worked on another update that similar happened on.

techsupp.europe@garmin.com

Just had a reply from Garmin today about this issue - I raised a ticket with them for my Oregon 450. They said new software (for this model) is ready to download that solves the OS GB map problem. I don't know whether this applies to the other models (they use different versions of the software).

Chris (MrB)

whats the email address for garmin, im gonna log a complaint even through im not updating it till this is solved. has anyone tried disabling the maps then re enabling them? i know this worked on another update that similar happened on.

techsupp.europe@garmin.com

thanks <_<

> New Garmin Oregon, Dakota and Colorado software, fixes map display issues.

from over on the GPS and technology forum linky

All available via webupdater, I've installed all w/o issue.

Oregon x50 3.4

Changes made from version 3.30 to 3.40:

* Added BirdsEye control to Profiles.

* Fixed map display problems.

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=4523

Oregon x00 3.8

Changes made from version 3.70 to 3.80:

* Added BirdsEye control to profiles.

* Added screen calibration option to Oregon 200.

* Fixed issue changing marine modes.

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=4051

Dakota 2.9

Changes made from version 2.80 to 2.90:

* Fixed issue changing marine map modes.

* Fixed crash while saving a track

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=4527

Colorado 3.4

Changes made from version 3.30 to 3.40:

* Fixed issue setting marine map modes.

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=3887

Edited by Bear and Ragged

> New Garmin Oregon, Dakota and Colorado software, fixes map display issues.

from over on the GPS and technology forum linky

All available via webupdater, I've installed all w/o issue.

Yep, thanks for your post. I found the update via the Oregon Wiki website on my return from Sherwood Forest and installed it. All works well!!

Not sure if WAAS location works any better yet as I need a clear view to the south to see the satellite.

Chris