Oregon 450 - yippee!

After sitting on the fence, researching like crazy, I finally pulled the trigger. I picked up an Oregon 450. Couldn't be happier. :D The manuals were a bit lame, but through forums like this and others, I've been able to work things out.

to date, I've used the Garmin updater (as of March 30th), to get the GPSr current. Installed Mapsource, and added the Arizona Topo & Ibycus USA.

I also purchased a bike mount for the unit too, as I mountain bike a lot. looking forward to having it along. maybe I'll use my bike for hunting down some local caches. :lol:

any rate, a big thanks to the forum. I've learned lots and expect to share any of my experiences.

-Jav

Edited by javelina11

forgot to mention. I also picked up a 4GB MicroSD, and also installed a screen cover. :lol:

Congrats! I think you'll really be happy with it...now you need to look at BirdsEye for aerial imagery that will really knock your socks off...

Get the free BaseCamp download from Garmin and the $30 subscription for all you can download for a year...

forgot to mention. I also picked up a 4GB MicroSD, and also installed a screen cover. :lol:

to date, I've used the Garmin updater (as of March 30th), to get the GPSr current. Installed Mapsource, and added the Arizona Topo & Ibycus USA.

I also purchased a bike mount for the unit too, as I mountain bike a lot. looking forward to having it along. maybe I'll use my bike for hunting down some local caches.

*LOL* What next Headers and duel exhaust ? Sounds like You tricked out Your truck. :D

Sorry had to say that. I plan on buying a 400 or 450 very soon good luck with it.

forgot to mention. I also picked up a 4GB MicroSD, and also installed a screen cover. :)

Congrats! I think you'll really be happy with it...now you need to look at BirdsEye for aerial imagery that will really knock your socks off...

Get the free BaseCamp download from Garmin and the $30 subscription for all you can download for a year...

thanks! I'll check that out. looking forward to having fun with the 450. B)

forgot to mention. I also picked up a 4GB MicroSD, and also installed a screen cover. :D

I also purchased a bike mount for the unit too, as I mountain bike a lot. looking forward to having it along. maybe I'll use my bike for hunting down some local caches.

*LOL* What next Headers and duel exhaust ? Sounds like You tricked out Your truck. :D

Sorry had to say that. I plan on buying a 400 or 450 very soon good luck with it.

Nice! B) shift kit and the after market brakes too! :)

I lurked and researched for a bit before pulling the trigger on the 450. glad I did though.

thanks,

-Jav

Can someone explain how the birdseye works please..what do you mean by unlimited downloads for the year? How are the files organized? Let's say I want to get all birdseye for the city of houston and surrounding areas? Is that easily possible to do ? THANKS

forgot to mention. I also picked up a 4GB MicroSD, and also installed a screen cover. :D

Nice! B) shift kit and the after market brakes too! :)

I lurked and researched for a bit before pulling the trigger on the 450. glad I did though.

thanks,

I bought my 450 today at thedigitialoasis.com for $337.00 free shipping and with the $50.00 rebate from garmin that kind of like a pioneer stereo for the car at a garage sale.

-Jav