grandpa wants to get startet, witch device?

hello,

i started geocacing a few months ago and now my father wants a device for his birthday.

he is turning 67 and had problems using a mobile phone. (making calls is okey, tating a bit hard)

prob if he trys for a while he wil get the hang of it, but the gps device had to be as easy as possible!

nice device, very very easy to use, easy to connect to the computer and dowload caches and stuff..

please tell me! by the way, we live in holland, europe. so if its with internal maps, it has to be with european , or downloadable

thank you very much!!

Satmap Active 10 is easy to handle, big buttons and big bright screen.

Maps are available for most european countries.

Or Garmin Oregon (for example model 450). Smaller device, touchscreen, easy to use too.

Best is to compare these devices.

You can get a Garmin near everywhere, so look for a Satmap dealer and chances are good that there you can try out a Garmin Oregon too.

http://www.satmap.com/dutch/wheretobuy.php

Satmap uses digital raster maps, looks like a paper map.

Garmin uses vector maps that need getting used to first.

For ease of use check the new Magellan eXplorist GC. Early reports indicate it will be one of the easiest to use. The Basemaps are worldwide and supposed to be pretty good. No Topo maps though. You can pre-order it on Amazon for $199 US and it will be shipping on the 15th.

You can also find more information here.