Grumpy muggles

Crude

Seems that I meet all sorts of grumpy people while geocaching. This is our second year and we have found less then 60 caches to date but I've found 3 people now just all to eager to pee in my cheerios. I'm 6'2" 220lbs so eager is an understatement.

So far I haven't done anything wrong from my vantage point. I've been yelled at for stopping in the driveway of an abandoned house to let my gps lock. The house was another 500 ft down the driveway and this guy drives up and starts yelling at me that it's his deceased relatives house and I had no business in his driveway. Then I was once parked on the street to do a park and grab at a nearby park and when I came back some guy was mad that I parked in front of his house and I did not live on that street. And today some lady drives up as we were getting out after parking in a field entrance claiming she was the owner and we had to leave or else. According to the assessors website the owner lives a state away. I'm a pretty courteous guy for my demeanor and I always have at least my wife along, some times friends like today. I'm always armed so I'm forced to stay unconfrontational but I'm about leave my restraint at home just so I can say nuts to it and wreak some havoc on some unsuspecting soul just to see what their plan was in case I wasn't so peaceful.

I mean seriously. That kinda attitude is completely unwarranted unless you're trying to stir up trouble. :laughing:

I've only had 1 upset muggle but he was justified. The cache I was hunting was on his private ranch land along a back road. There was nothing indicating it was private land but his cattle were grazing nearby, he was very upset, and he had a rifle handy. I wasn't gonna argue with the man! :D

One of our local cachers had a very similar experience - except for the rifle part. She explained what she was doing, he explained that it wasn't really public land and could she please leave.

Long story short, the confrontation has long been forgiven and forgotten, and the landowner is now an avid cacher. :D

we stopped on the side of the road one time to figure out which way to go, and we had to do a U-Turn, the back wheels got on someone's driveway, they came over and told me not to use their driveway, which wasn't even paved, just gravel :lol::P

Maybe Yogi just needs to get somewhere in a hurry and forgot hid driver's licence at home? :)

In Canada there is an awful lot of wilderness but the only folks packing weapons are rangers, law enforcement, and criminals. Carrying a weapon here is a quick way to become a guest of the Queen... :D

To get back on topic though, I have yet to meet any grumpy muggles, though grumpy drivers are a different story entirely.

We had our first encounter with a grumpy muggle the other day, we are new, so I'm sure there we more to come. We were doing some night caching and pulled up to this park, there was already a car there, but we didn't think anything about it. When we got out of the Jeep this girl gets out of the car and asked what we were doing there in a not so friendly tone. We tell her we are geocaching and start to explain what that is, but she cut us off and told us she was a college student doing some sort of wildlife research and that we needed to leave, again in a not so friendly matter. We told her we were sorry, that we would leave and that there was no reason to be so nasty. She give us the "F#%K YOU" and gets in her car. We get in the Jeep and I make sure to lay on the horn the whole time I'm leaving. To make sure I help with the wildlife research of course. :)

You would think the story ends here, but it don't. We were unfamiliar with the area and did in fact move on to find other caches, but by the end of the night though, we unknowingly ended up on the other side of this park. Well, I made sure that I walked across the park and knocked on her window to apologize. :D Laughing loudly as I walked away, again to help with the research.

I am armed because I can be. I included that little tidbit only so others know why I'm not confrontational when addressed with disrespect. Let's get back on topic please....

I don't get it. What does being armed and being confrontational have to do with each other?

I am armed because I can be. I included that little tidbit only so others know why I'm not confrontational when addressed with disrespect. Let's get back on topic please....

I don't get it. What does being armed and being confrontational have to do with each other?

I can answer this from my point of view as a LEO. I carry all the time, and it does come with a certain responsibility. Now I do not normally get myself into situations that would require confrontation, but if it were to happen, one has to use caution to not escalate things to the point that the weapon would become an issue. Some gun owners do take this to an extreme though. You can be yourself and still carry a firearm. So in all actuality, it doesn't have much to do with it.