Getting under 720,000

rogbarn

I really thought that we would get under 720,000 to go when I checked it this morning. Unfortunatly, we missed by 4, we still have 720,004 to go. But the next update later today should push us past that milestone. The next milestone will be 20,000 found which might occur in late March. It depends in part on when spring arrives in the snow and cold bound north. The weekly average has been jumping around, after bottoming out around 50 per day in late Jan, it been as high as the low 80s per day and every where in between. We've had individual days that have been well over 100. So, it looks like we getting more people out there and when the weather improves these milestones should start coming faster than ever.

Keep on looking!

Well I found 3 so there you go.

Please tell me you are querying the database and I am NOT supposed to be notifying you of finds directly. icon_smile.gif

Ivan

The A.I.M. Team: Ali, Ivan and Lil Mikayla, Jacksonville, Florida

Equipment: Garmin eMap 32MB memory, Palm VIIx, Old College Eastport backpack, VW Jetta Wagon and Isuzu Trooper (hers) icon_wink.gif

quote:
Originally posted by The A.I.M. Team:

Please tell me you are querying the database and I am NOT supposed to be notifying you of finds directly.

must... hold... back... temptation....

he... must... tell... me... everything....

OK, no you don't have to tell me. I got into the habit of picking up the number of benchmarks found from the benchmarking front page every morning. I miss some mornings occasionally, but for the most part, I have it back to late June. From that, I extrapolate estimates for certain milestones, such as the next 5,000 found or falling under the next 5,000 to go. I also use even percentages of the total number of benchmarks in the database. Every now and then, I post some milestone statistics here. Enough people seem to appreciate it that I've kept it up. Of course, if no one cares... I'll just have to do it for my own entertainment...... icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by beejay&esskay:

Please keep posting milestones.

And maybe add some history of past ones...or is there an easy search?

Thanks.

Consider it Markwell'd:

The Benchmarking Counter: about when I was away in January

13000! and climbing...

100/100 Club

Next milestone?

When will we cross 10,000?

10,000 coming up!

I think that's it. icon_smile.gif

OK, here are the previous milestones. In some cases, the date may be off by a day or two, especially the first couple. Also, I check the number in the morning, so that's the date I give it even though it is actually updated some time the previous evening.

Event-------- Count Date

Under 735,000 1,425 6/19/02

count = 5,000 5,000 8/26/02

under 730,000 6,425 9/10/02

1 % of total- 7,365 9/22/02

count =10,000 10,000 10/26/02

under 725,000 11,425 11/18/02

2 % of total- 14,729 1/19/03

count =15,000 15,000 1/23/03

under 720,000 16,425 2/13/03

quote:
Originally posted by RogBarn:

The weekly average has been jumping around, after bottoming out around 50 per day in late Jan, it been as high as the low 80s per day and every where in between.

You can attribute a small (I hope) portion of this wild activity to me failing to keep my logging caught up, and then logging about 25 in 2-3 days time. icon_rolleyes.gif

Although I'm not big on resolutions, I do hope to stay a bit more current from here on out.

PS - Rog, thanks for the response to my thread about possible errors on my found benchmarks page. I missed the earlier post.

Greg

N 39 54.705'

W 77 33.137'

quote:
Originally posted by beejay&esskay:

I enjoy the milestones...

Please keep posting milestones.

Is there a place we can log milestones now? I didn't think milestones were in the database... I suppose some milestones might also be benchmarks, just as some watertowers and cupulas are.icon_biggrin.gif

ntga_button.gifweb-lingbutton.gif

I now have a .loc file containing coords (taken with survey grade equipment) of many of the boundary markers along the Mason Dixon line. **A BIG thank you to Zinnware for helping me accomplish this** It is NOT a complete list of every marker, but does contain 112 points. I think the ones missing were not found by the surveyors, but I have not confirmed that fact.

Anyone who wants this file can get it here.

Greg

N 39 54.705'

W 77 33.137'

have hit2 major sea ports in the past month and logged a few BM's in Sandiego and San francisco

I think about 35 in both cities

I am on a boat 80% of the time so I get a great chance to log the navigational BM's and there are a bunch of them

I logged 9 ion sandiego on the 13th of feb before the weekend hope it helps your numbers

THATS NOT BURNT, THATS BAR-B-QUE