car navigation unit for geocahing

We have a Garmin eTrex that we use for caching but I am thinking of buying a car GPS unit for driving directions etc. Does anyone know if these type of units have a feature that tells you when you are close to a geocache? There are not a lot of caches close to us, but when we are on the road it woull be nice to find caches as opposed to logging on to geocaching.com and planning our routes around caches. Does this make sense?

What Garmin Etrex do you have?

City Navigator is a turn by turn "so to speak" software that is released by Garmin. It will alert you when to turn and so on, however, you will have to load the caches onto the GPS before going out. Another route that you can take is make a pocket query of your road trip, I haven't checked your profile but you will need a Premium Membership to use that feature.

I do know that some if not all new car GPS units allow you to add coordinates which could help you along your road trip in finding caches. You would more than likely have to enter them manually. I hope this helps.

PZ

We have a Garmin eTrex that we use for caching but I am thinking of buying a car GPS unit for driving directions etc. Does anyone know if these type of units have a feature that tells you when you are close to a geocache? There are not a lot of caches close to us, but when we are on the road it woull be nice to find caches as opposed to logging on to geocaching.com and planning our routes around caches. Does this make sense?

the Garmin Nuvi can do that, you can load the caches as POI's and set the desired distance, from your current point, that you wish to be notified about caches