Help I`m new

charliesll

I need a teacher. I joined because it sounded like fun but I

really don`t know what I`m doing. Is there someone near

Lacey Washington that could give me a crash course?

charliesll welcome to the addiction!! If you scroll further down the main Forums page you will find Geocaching by Regions/States. If you click on Washington, you will find a list of events, ect.you might be able to attend. If you post in the Northwest regional forum with your question you might have better luck!!

I need a teacher. I joined because it sounded like fun but I

really don`t know what I`m doing. Is there someone near

Lacey Washington that could give me a crash course?

I'm with ya, i started a few months ago..and could really use a buddy to go with. I checked out the regional forums, but it looks like cachers from nowheresville, Alabama don't post on them!

Most of the local cachers are pretty high in numbers, they've already wiped out the county and have long since found the ones i'm still scratching my head about!

The best thing i can say... try to recruit some friends! Let me add, friends that would share the sense of adventure. I took one of my best friends (who i thought would like it, since he does nothing but cruise town all night)... We went out, he's hollering from the car "There's no blues clues out there, dummy!"

If all else fails... troll the forums, know what you're looking for, and venture off alone.

Good luck!

Find someone around you that had logged a lot of finds, and drop them a friendly email. It doesn't have to be a "please take me with you and teach me everything you know" email, just a "I'm having trouble with xxxxxx and you've found it, can you give me a hint?" Most of them are pretty friendly and will try to help you if they can. We did that and made a few friends that way.

Also find an event near you if you can. It's a good way to meet people and get tips.

Heh.. I first started when I found a Geocache button on my gps after using it for a year or so. It took me another year or two to figure out how to get the caches on my gps and months later to figure out I had to sign the physical log in the cache to count. These forums have been great for figuring out what to do. I recently joined some other local cachers on a hike and learned even more. Definately read and post questions, but join a local group and meet people face to face. There is the Washington State Geocachers Assoc and a few others. BTW... there is a local Geowoodstock mega event coming up in the area where you are sure to meet a lot of locals and people from all over.

Good Luck!

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...d8-00038ee3e89e

Edited by dugfresh