Is this allowed?

r. I found out what I wanted and got a lot of not so nice answers I could have done without. From now on I'll just do my own research and not ask. If you want to continue to debate where my question should have been posted or if I have any business placing a cache have fun. I've already sent a note asking that it be closed. In the mean time I'm going to try and get some much needed sleep. Thank you for making me feel so good about myself.

Shucks, you`re being way too sensitive. People were disagreeing with you, not attacking you. Re-read the responses you got; people answered your question about whether that kind of cache is allowed. Just because it`s not the answer you were looking for doesn`t mean it`s a personal attack. If responses like this affect whether you "feel good about yourself" it sounds like you maybe have some issues you need to work through with a professional counselor.

How about the "off your rocker" series. The main page it links to says "always a good place to" (stop or eat or something to that effect) after a long day of caching.

I hope you have a Happy Easter.

The "Off Your Rocker" (Cracker Barrel) caches have not been approved for years now.

Yeah, I heard that they went out of bidness shortly after the banning the hiding of geocaches on their property.

That ought to teach other 'difficult' business owners a lesson or two.

They're still open here in AZ.

How about the "off your rocker" series. The main page it links to says "always a good place to" (stop or eat or something to that effect) after a long day of caching.

The "Off Your Rocker" (Cracker Barrel) caches have not been approved for years now.

Yeah, I heard that they went out of bidness shortly after the banning the hiding of geocaches on their property.

It is often difficult to notice the sarcasm in a forum thread.

It is often difficult to notice the sarcasm in a forum thread.

much easier with a :lol:

Personally, I don't think the cache would get approved. Keystone really seems to give the most definitive answer there.

But on a side note, even if you could put a cache there, why would you want to? Everytime someone logged it, it would just be a constant reminder of the incident. If it's causing you that much stress, why would you do that to yourself? You had a bad customer service experience at a restaurant. Never go back there again, forget it and move on. Go find some geocaches and take your mind off things. :)

Personally, I don't think the cache would get approved. Keystone really seems to give the most definitive answer there.

But on a side note, even if you could put a cache there, why would you want to? Everytime someone logged it, it would just be a constant reminder of the incident. If it's causing you that much stress, why would you do that to yourself? You had a bad customer service experience at a restaurant. Never go back there again, forget it and move on. Go find some geocaches and take your mind off things. B)

I agree. I don't think a cache like that would be approved and how would you write up your description?

And regardless, a cache just draws attention to the place. Despite your horrible experience, I would bet that some of the logs will state that they patronized the place and liked it.

How would feel about that?

Besides, you place the cache, you also have to maintain it, which means that you have to return to the location.

Why would you want to put yourself in that position if your experience was that "traumatic"? :)

Also, I really don't think you have been attacked. You asked and people will give you a straight answer, I just don't think you happen to like the fact that most of the people don't like your suggestion. Heck, I don't like your suggestion.

But on a side note, even if you could put a cache there, why would you want to? Everytime someone logged it, it would just be a constant reminder of the incident. If it's causing you that much stress, why would you do that to yourself? You had a bad customer service experience at a restaurant. Never go back there again, forget it and move on. Go find some geocaches and take your mind off things. B)

I agree. I don't think a cache like that would be approved and how would you write up your description?

And regardless, a cache just draws attention to the place. Despite your horrible experience, I would bet that some of the logs will state that they patronized the place and liked it.

How would feel about that?

Besides, you place the cache, you also have to maintain it, which means that you have to return to the location.

Why would you want to put yourself in that position if your experience was that "traumatic"? :)

Also, I really don't think you have been attacked. You asked and people will give you a straight answer, I just don't think you happen to like the fact that most of the people don't like your suggestion. Heck, I don't like your suggestion.

I agree completely with the above.

Also, can I borrow your place at Sylvan Lake for a couple of weeks this summer?

And yes I plan to write reviews...

I liked your review :) . In fact, I gave it a thumbs-up.

I doubt that I will ever be within 500 miles of Montgomery, Texas, but if I do find myself down there one day and I'm hankerin' for some prime rib, I'll remember your review.

. Why place one at or near a business that you don’t want to draw attention to? I actually did want to place a cache right next to the business on or next to a water tower. I had not looked to see if it could be done before going inside. As I was leaving I discovered that it looked like a perfect place for a hide. Which didn’t make me less angry but more, because I don’t want people to go there for my cache and decide to eat at the restraunt.

I think you answered your own question right there. I think if you place a cache there, no matter what you call it, you'll end up drawing people to the site and some number of them WILL decide to eat there. Either because they don't pay attention to the description or they read it, but think you're engaging in some sort of reverse psychology.