Most finds in one day

Not meaning to detracr anything from VenturaKid's accomplishments, but I was wondering who claims the record for a single player - not a team - making the most finds in one day. Anyone know?

Ditto.... but also..... these records would be far more interesting to me if they really showed some personal effort, and not just how fast you could get from one drive-by cache to the next, like

Most finds by cachers on foot (to get rid of drive-bys)

Most finds by different hiders in a day (this would rule out powertrails and circuits)

A combination of the above - with highest cumulative d/t score for the day :laughing:

Edited by keehotee

I just chatted with Lil Devil and he did 250 on The Trail of the Gods in 18-ish hours. It was stormy-cold-windy. Not something I would recommend to be out there alone on those roads. They aren't "that" bad, but there is potential. He did see one of those long-horns as he came around a dark corner and about went off the road. I will let him finish the story when he's rested.

Kudos to Lil Devil, one tough cacher. Bet he woulda nailed 300 if the weather was more favorable out there in the Mojave.

highest cumulative d/t score for the day

GCJY9G http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LU...6f-52b52a67603c

"bthomas found 100 Stars Challenge (Unknown Cache)

TFTC, and I can separately thank Team Alamogul for a summed 100 star morning on 10/30/2009. That fine morning we paddled his 5-star canoe 8 miles for quite a few high star caches near Auburn CA, and the below sum of 103.5 for 16 caches does not include 22 other caches later in the day."

More like fewest caches to D+T total of 100.

Think the obscure stats since need to be those in GSAK and what not, so they are easily extractable. "On foot" or "By bike" are unlikely stats. Have 100 5-stars, wonder how that stands?

Solo finds per day is a great stat. It does not diminish, however, the 24 hr day number of powercachers on teams; those team members are fully capable of finding the select 1- and 2-star caches within 60 seconds, and nobody is hanging in the back with sleeping mask and fuzzy bunny slippers.

Edited by bthomas

Not meaning to detracr anything from VenturaKid's accomplishments, but I was wondering who claims the record for a single player - not a team - making the most finds in one day. Anyone know?

Well there are 1440 minutes in a day. Driving, finding and signing for each cache, lets say 5 minutes a cache, equals out to 288 caches found in a day by one person. Anyone can say anything, but 5 minutes a cache, maybe driving by the coords and logging that as a find, you could do over 200 by yourself. or driving back and forth between time zones, maybe, you could use a molecular transporter for sure and get probably 5 or 6 hundred finds. but realistically over 200 by yourself in a 24 hr. span, doubtful.

200 by yourself in a 24 hr. span, doubtful

My props to Lil Devil. 250 tins in the desert in three-quarters of a day, and hampered by the Mojave sirocco. If one has doubt's about Lil Devil, most of us know him as a 2001 cacher, the gpx spinner guy, 49 states finder, a GBES desert rally winner, a GWS-VI organizer, a NorCal and Nevada Delorme challenger, and other GC-ish things. I've cached until 3 or 4 in the a.m. with him.

Amazing he did it alone, driving un-autorouted dirt, navigating jeep roads, keeping the hunt under 2 minutes, and moving on. As someone who's been out there, I'm certain he had the endurance to go to 300 under better conditions.

Any 10K cacher can find a 1/1 in a minute, and anyone with 24 hour ironman endurance can do this. My group averaged a cache completed every 3.5 minutes on dirt, with all the doors slamming shut at about the same time. As long as there's 500 1/1 micros in urban places in California, there might as well be 500 micros in an uninhabited sliver of the desert. [edit]

If this topic interests you, but one doubts themself about being able to complete the task, there's a place outside of Las Vegas that's just a plane ride and jeep adventure away. And hey, staying up 24 hours, you save 1 night's lodging.

Edited by bthomas
200 by yourself in a 24 hr. span, doubtful

My props to Lil Devil. 250 tins in the desert in three-quarters of a day, and hampered by the Mojave sirocco. If one has doubt's about Lil Devil, most of us know him as a 2001 cacher, the gpx spinner guy, 49 states finder, a GBES desert rally winner, a GWS-VI organizer, a NorCal and Nevada Delorme challenger, and other GC-ish things. I've cached until 3 or 4 in the a.m. with him.

Amazing he did it alone, driving un-autorouted dirt, navigating jeep roads, keeping the hunt under 2 minutes, and moving on. As someone who's been out there, I'm certain he had the endurance to go to 300 under better conditions.

Any 10K cacher can find a 1/1 in a minute, and anyone with 24 hour ironman endurance can do this. My group averaged a cache completed every 3.5 minutes on dirt, with all the doors slamming shut at about the same time. As long as there's 500 1/1 micros in urban places in California, there might as well be 500 micros in an uninhabited sliver of the desert. [edit]

If this topic interests you, but one doubts themself about being able to complete the task, there's a place outside of Las Vegas that's just a plane ride and jeep adventure away. And hey, staying up 24 hours, you save 1 night's lodging.

Yes that's true probably about finding a 1/1 rated cache in a minute, but getting to that cache signing the log getting back into what ever your mode of transportation and driving to the next 1/1 rated cache in less than 3 or 4 minutes is less than believable, sorry. I guess I'm just basing my opinion on caching only in the wilderness of Northern Idaho where a 1/1 rated cache can take 20 or so minutes of trekking up a deer trail or driving for 30 minutes through a series of switch backs to go 1 mile as the crow flies.

It's a different game, so fitting the square peg of it into the round hole of your GC familiarity doesn't fit.

I can tell you we did all of the above in 3.5 minutes and the team drove to the next hunt 600 to 800 feet away on the purpose built power trail, so Lil Devil could do it too. His credibility is off the chart, too. Me, I'm not a doubting Thomas. [edit] Myself solo, in more traditional urban caching or cross county rural caching, I've put together 50 days.

In contrast, GC17 in the Orgeon forest was a 30 minute hike and jog for me.

GC8510 http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LU...e6-215776bcf089 was an overnight backpack to 10000 feet, then a 5 hour climb to 14000, for a 4 year FTF. GCADCB http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...=y&decrypt= was three 300 mile drives and 3 hikes to 13000 feet for a 5 year FTF. So I know caches it takes under 5 minutes to do and caches it takes 5 years to do.

[edit] The OP asked for data on solo day efforts, so I apologize for the side conversation about credibility.

Edited by bthomas

I've seen a few pretty big numbers for Solo caching.

I know EMC of Northridge had 111 finds alone in one day.

EMC, Toz and myself did 73, hiking on a mountain forest trail.

Edit: Something about stars? Those 73 had 341.5 stars attached to them.

Edited by Don_J

I did 180 by myself on the power trail outside of Salt Lake City when it first came out... I happened to be in the area for GeoCoinfest and just loaded the caches (no pre-planning) and did the run of 150 caches along the road in about 6 hours.. and then grabbed a few more in the area in an additional 2 hours.... it was definitely a much easier road than the Trail of the Gods....