Feature request: Statement when delete a log

HansHans

It would be nice if when you delete a Foundlog (as owner) may enter a statement. So you can explain, for example, that he was not in the logbook or other, to give a feedback why you delet the log.

The Statement could be includet in the deleting-mail.

It would be nice if when you delete a Foundlog (as owner) may enter a statement. So you can explain, for example, that he was not in the logbook or other, to give a feedback why you delet the log.

The Statement could be includet in the deleting-mail.

This would be nice indeed. At the moment you have to use the screenshot - make it anonymous - wirte-note - workaround. Works as well, but it's far more steps to do. I'm actually surprised that you can delete logs without stating the reason.

GermanSailor

Out here in this neck of the woods we had a cacher who sat on his couch and logged a lot of caches that he never visited and signed the log. Thus most of us deleted his logs and never looked back.

We now have a caching duo who the Husband goes out and places the cache then after the first log she signs off as actually doing the cache. We know she could never make it up to several of these mountains but we have no way of deleting her logs as they are done by her hubby. Where this cuts in is we are chasing the points and she is getting credit where credit is not due.

Yes, deleting a log should be done very sparingly, but if i get a deleting-mail then I would appreciate a description, and since I am a polite person I would like to declare as owner why I deleted a log.

(translate by google :laughing: )

It's too hard to click the link of the log owner's username and send an email explaining the deletion?

Perhaps I'm not understanding the request.

Here's the log deletion article in the Knowledge Books.

Yes, it's too hard. Well, actually it's just a PITA. Adding a note at the time of deletion could condense it to ONE note to the offended party, and cut down on the angst of getting the deletion notice with no attached note.