Dakota 10 Map Help

Hi,

I am new to using my Dokota 10 and was having a little trouble. For the most part everything was straight foward. I was able to load the City Navigator that came with the unit and geo caches with no problem. I down loaded a free Indiana Topo map. And tried to install it with MapSource and it seemed to go ok. But when I go to switch maps on the Dakota the City Navigator map is gone. The topo map is now there. I tried to reload the City Navigator but then the topo map goes away on the dakota. But the base map always stays. Am I missing something here? How can I load the Topo map and the City Navigator map on this GPS at the same time and be able to choise which one I want on the Dakota 10? Any help would be great.

Thanks

When you install new maps with Mapsource it overwrites the previous maps. THe Oregon, Colorado, and Dakota can use multiple map files, most of Garmin's other GPS's cannot.

SO - the easiest way to fix it is to rename the gpsmapsupp.img in the garmin directory on your dakota 10 to a more descriptive name - for example, if you've uploaded the topo maps rename it to topo.img, then upload your other map and rename it to something that makes sense. Once you have the .img files you can drag and drop them on the Dakota, you don't have to add them through Mapsource.