cant send to GPS

As Bosn Ski's link points out, if you upgraded to firefox 3.6, "send to GPS" will not work. You can go back to 3.5 or switch to IE and it should work fine. Delorme is aware of the problem with 3.6 but hasn't provided a solution yet.

Since I am not the most computer literate person. How do I switch back to 3.5.

As Bosn Ski's link points out, if you upgraded to firefox 3.6, "send to GPS" will not work. You can go back to 3.5 or switch to IE and it should work fine. Delorme is aware of the problem with 3.6 but hasn't provided a solution yet.

Since I am not the most computer literate person. How do I switch back to 3.5.

You might try this: Firefox 3.5.9

I don't run firefox so I can't help beyond that.

I'm using

XP sp2

1GB ram

Delorme PN 40

First, you should let the Windows updates run to get SP3 NOW! Even if this has nothing to do with your problem, an operating system has to be up to date.

I just tried the send to gps feature, it worked. Running XP Sp3 and FF 3.6.3 together with a Garmin 60 CSx.

So this might as well be a Delorme problem.

GermanSailor

I'm using

XP sp2

1GB ram

Delorme PN 40

First, you should let the Windows updates run to get SP3 NOW! Even if this has nothing to do with your problem, an operating system has to be up to date.

I just tried the send to gps feature, it worked. Running XP Sp3 and FF 3.6.3 together with a Garmin 60 CSx.

So this might as well be a Delorme problem.

GermanSailor

WHere do I find the sp3??

While updating to SP3 is a good idea, it's not the OP's immediate problem. As stated before, it's known that the Delorme "Send To GPS" plug-in does not currently work with FF 3.6. Updating the OS won't solve that problem. The Garmins and Delormes are not alike on this issue.

Edited by Pax42

While updating to SP3 is a good idea, it's not the OP's immediate problem. As stated before, it's known that the Delorme "Send To GPS" plug-in does not currently work with FF 3.6. Updating the OS won't solve that problem. The Garmins and Delormes are not alike on this issue.

I tried to switch back to firefox 3.5 and it still doesn't help. It's just frustrating because I cant use my paperless GPS :laughing:

As Pax42 mentioned above in post #5, I concur that you might try IE to see if that gets you started.

If you can achieve success in that fashion, it might give you enough insight to the FF problem and help get that resolved.

Additionally, have you tried sending the cache description to your PC by clicking on the "GPX eXchange File" button?

After that the downloaded GPX file can be imported in Topo 8 under the "Draw" button and then exported to your PN-40.

I also am having this problem since I downloaded 2.6 firmware for my pn40 I cannot get caches from send to gps how do I solve this or get my 2.5 firmware back as I knew it worked there.

You can do a "force" reinstall of a previous, 2.5, over the current, 2.6.

However, I do not expect that remedy to alleviate your problem.

I was using 2.6 on my PN-40 with nary a download problem.

There are many other users with 2.6 that have not reported such problems.

I expect that something else happened about the time of your update to 2.6.

What browser and what is its version?

As Pax42 mentioned above in post #5, I concur that you might try IE to see if that gets you started.

If you can achieve success in that fashion, it might give you enough insight to the FF problem and help get that resolved.

Additionally, have you tried sending the cache description to your PC by clicking on the "GPX eXchange File" button?

After that the downloaded GPX file can be imported in Topo 8 under the "Draw" button and then exported to your PN-40.

THanks cowboy Papa. I'll try that. Ill let ya'll know how it works.