Trackable Map - Backwards?

dcigary

So, I logged a geocoin dip through a cache today, and look at the trackable map. Seattle, I think we have a problem. It looks like the order is completely reversed? I received my Geocoin from the Groundspeak HQ, and that's always shown up as #1 on the order of the trackables. Today, it's LAST on the list, and the one that I just logged is #1.

Muh?

Attached is a screen print - Like I said, the Coin started tracking in Seattle, and the last cache it was through was in San Antonio, Texas. However, #1 on the hops shows up as the last cache I ran it through in San Antonio and the last on the list is the Groundspeak HQ cache.

reversedtrackables.jpg

Edited by dcigary

I noticed our Coins are doing the same thing. Not sure what has happened, but it seems that since the update everything is backwards. We start all of ours from our home cache. and that is where they are showing to be resting at.

Seattle, I think we have a problem!!!

Edited by dnhyoung

Yep noticed that as well today. Actually you can just look at the fact that the lowest number is where it is (last was), and the highest number is where it started. A little confusing for those who have been around. Newbies may not even notice.

Yep noticed that as well today. Actually you can just look at the fact that the lowest number is where it is (last was), and the highest number is where it started. A little confusing for those who have been around. Newbies may not even notice.
Speaking of numbers... didn't the list used to be numbered to match the map? I don't use the map that often, so I can't say for sure, but I'd think that it would be.
Speaking of numbers... didn't the list used to be numbered to match the map? I don't use the map that often, so I can't say for sure, but I'd think that it would be.

There is a check box to have the caches numbered. Default is off.

HiTech MD

HiTech MD

On the trackables map page? Where? I don't see anything like that. Also, it doesn't make much sense to number the map yet not have corresponding numbers on the list, it would seem.

HiTech MD

On the trackables map page? Where? I don't see anything like that. Also, it doesn't make much sense to number the map yet not have corresponding numbers on the list, it would seem.

My mistake I thought the reference was to the Cache Map.

HiTech MD

Hello Jeremy,

On this side of the ocean it's already Wednesday. I still see the same error in the TB map. For example: http://www.geocaching.com/track/map_gm.aspx?ID=1643320

On the 4 of april I rode Quest 233 from Harskamp (label #311) to Drongelen (label #317) on the map, Harskamp has label 319 and Drongelen 313 (yes somewhere there is an offset of 2, but the most important error is the reversing of my trip.

Went something wrong with the hotfix?

Greetings Toni

I'm having the same problem, i have a personal tb that i dip into all the caches that i find, to track my milage.

i did about about 4 caches friday another 3 on saturday and 16 on sunday but everytime i log the caches and dip my tb it shows the first cache as being the last of the day on the travel bug map??????

How do i get the map to show the the true order of the route??

can anyone help???

Please

Thanks

Connieboy

We were not able to work this into the hotfix but will make sure the next release has it fixed. Sorry for the delay.

As this is for now holding me up in terms of logging caches - Any timeframe for when this might be fixed? Hotfix or major?

Anything new on this? Tried to log my personal TB in the caches we found on a recent geocaching trip and things are still backward as described above. Searched for the answer here on the forums and it appears that others are having the same problem I am having.

Is there an ETA of when it might be fixed? I want to log my finds!

Anything new on this? Tried to log my personal TB in the caches we found on a recent geocaching trip and things are still backward as described above. Searched for the answer here on the forums and it appears that others are having the same problem I am having.

The map is backwards, not the actual logs you're entering correct?

The logs for the TB's are not coming out in the same order as the caches. I dipped my coin into three on Saturday and the coin's logs are in the opposite order of the caches the were dipped into. The map matches this backwards order.

The logs for the TB's are not coming out in the same order as the caches. I dipped my coin into three on Saturday and the coin's logs are in the opposite order of the caches the were dipped into. The map matches this backwards order.

That is the same thing that is happening to me. (I promise...I will only click once on the "add reply" icon this time.) :D:D:D:D:grin:

I have not tested out any of my trackables until theres some sort of update, but yes, logging caches in order, the trackable map is placing them in reverse order.

One good example to look at is: http://www.geocaching.com/track/map_gm.aspx?ID=1112809 and compare that to http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.as...6f-4aabababafa4

You'll see the map page and the log page are showing up in completely different orders.

I logged the coin with the following actions:

1. I picked this trackable up at FSC2010-Hartley (marked as 3 on the map on April 10

2. I dropped/"Dipped" the coin in the Delaware Delorme Geocache (marked as 2 on the map) on April 10

3. I retreived the coin from the Delaware Delorme Groache (marked 2 on the map) on April 10

4. I Placed the coin in Special Olympics (marked as 4 on the map) on April 11.

The issue comes with coins picked up/dropped off on the same day.

I have no comfort in logging caches with personal trackables as a result and cannot begin to tackle my logging backlog.

I'm still waiting for some sort of concept of when this will be fixed so I can begin to log caches again.

The actual log page is fine, just because the map is showing "backwards" doesn't mean you can't log your drops. The data is stored correctly. The fix will be out in our next release which we hope to have out this week.

-Raine

The actual log page is fine, just because the map is showing "backwards" doesn't mean you can't log your drops. The data is stored correctly. The fix will be out in our next release which we hope to have out this week.

-Raine

so if i carry on logging my tb, when its fixed the map will change to show all my logs in correct order?

cheers

Con

-Raine

so if i carry on logging my tb, when its fixed the map will change to show all my logs in correct order?

cheers

Con

Seems to be fixed. The ones I had done last week are now showing in the right order.

Sorry, I have to retract that statement. I just logged more today and again the map is backwards. What I have noticed is that when you first go to the trackable page, the logs are in the right order. But if you click on the link to bring up the map, then the logs are in backwards order and the map reflects that. It seems to be connected to going to the map page.

Edited by deb3day

Hopefully after the excitement of this big weekend the issue can be addressed again. On my trackable pages the order of logs is reversed, oldest on top, just the opposite of what used to be normal. And the map view is mostly numbered in reverse order but also jumbled. :unsure:

Thanks in advance for looking into it.

Mine appears to be fixed now, Everyone please check, It may be back to normal, Mine is in order with exact way they have been inputted over the last 4 months.

I hope it stays...

Mine is O.K. To, plus some other bugs I encountered where fixed to. Thanks!

Mine appears to be fixed now, Everyone please check, It may be back to normal, Mine is in order with exact way they have been inputted over the last 4 months.

I hope it stays...

Mine looks ok now as well. I'll watch it more closely going forward to

keep the Groundspeak web gurus better informed. Thanks for fixing it folks.