Lowrance ifinder H2O PC data cable

I am currently using a Lowrance ifinder H2O GPS and I just upgraded to Premium Membership. I have a problem that I would like to solve. Now that I have a Premium Membership, I would like to download pocket queries, cache info, etc on to my GPS. However, it appears I need a data cable to hook my GPS up to a computer. My GPS didn't originally come with one. Can anyone give me advice on which one to order, if there is one other than the one from LEI Extras?

Thanks!

I dont have the same unit as you,I have the Out&Back,and I use my mp3 players usb cord.Just check which size the unit uses and you can pick them up at discount stores a lot cheaper.Your unit appears to use a serial cable,so no usb.You can still buy those cheaper an electronics store.

You can also just load them on an sd card on your pc and pop it in your gps..no data cable needed.Card can be no bigger that 512 mb.

Edited by chachi44089

I own a Lowrance Expedition C you cannot load caches directly to the unit, you have to load the caches in a .usr format. I use GSAK if you need instruction on how to do it feel free to contact me through my profile.

edited to add: I use a 2GB SD card with no problems you can create multiple .usr files on the card for different areas but they cannot be more than 1000 waypoint each as the unit will not accept more than 1000 waypoints. when I took it on trips I'd set up multiple file of 950 waypoints each (so I'd have room to add steps in a multicache without deleting waypoints) when I got to a new area it was a simple case of deleting the existing waypoints off the unit and loading the new file for the area worked great

Edited by plumbrokeacres

Hi. I use a Lowrance H2OC. You load the caches into the memory card using a card reader. Then put the card into the GPS, it goes under the batteries, and transfer them to the main memory.

At the top of the forum is a FAQ with a section to go to Airmappers Lowrance Page. Very good detail instructions for premium as well as non-premium members.

Another option instead of GSAK is to go to Lowrance.com and search for a download of a FREE program called GPX to USR. It will convert your unzipped pocket query into a file the Lorance can use. Load the file on the card and proceed as Airmapper's instructions.

I use a combination of GSAK and the Lowrance program because I like the icons that the Lowrance program generates. They can be changed in GSAK, but I take the lazy route.

Hopr this helps.

Thanks to all who helped!

I will try your suggestions soon, and decide which one works best.

If any other problems come up, I will let you guys know.

Thanks again!

Please feel free to post any additional tips that you have.

Edited by tpankow