Advanced Cache Search Page

Warminster Wanderers

The last time geocaching.com decided to rework the site,every time I put in my postcode and ticked the hide found caches box,I got them all anyway.Now we have reworked it again,and when I put in my postcode I get multiple options,all in Germany - and I'm in the UK.Just what is going on here,it was just fine before the powers to be decided to improve things.Take it from me,you haven't!

Anyone else having this problem or am I really losing the plot,big time.

Re: Advanced Cache Search Page

In Detroit Michigan, I can not exclude My Finds, and My Caches, from the searches, but at least I can exclud all but Traditionals. Since Traditionals, are what I need.

I have tried Firefox, Google Crome, and IE8, and I keep getting all my FINDs, in the list.

I wonder if it is possible to put the [GO] button bellow, or to the side of: "[] Exclude your owned or found items from results." entry ???

That Exclude function just does not work anymore, this puts a hamper in any cache searches.

Edited by GOT GPS?
when I put in my postcode I get multiple options,all in Germany - and I'm in the UK.
I just thought one of the Groundspeak bods would see my post and comment, maybe even offer a fix. Alas, the search facility remains useless. If it doesn't need fixing, why fix it, everything worked perfectly well before.
You are apparently not the only one that has noticed that problem: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=246100

On the other hand, I know that the search page actually uses Google find out where postal codes are (or something like that... I'm not sure of the full details). Try adding "UK" to the search dialog ("UK GU29", for example)

Edited by knowschad

OK,this is what I found out.Adding "&f=1" made no difference.By adding UK in front of my post code I DO now get the local search...BUT....with the exclude finds box checked,I still get every darn cache I've ever found around here!! Maybe the next site maintenance session will correct it...I hope.I really do hope,because the facility is useless as it is.