Waikato Puzzle Caches

McCutchan Cache Clan

After yesterday puzzle event in Hamilton I've come to the conclusion that there are lots of people in the Waikato who are having difficulty with puzzles.

How about those interested subscribe to this topic and we can post our questions, answers and hints here.

Greg

AKA

McCutchan Cache Clan

Sounds like a scheme

[/color]

After yesterday puzzle event in Hamilton I've come to the conclusion that there are lots of people in the Waikato who are having difficulty with puzzles.

How about those interested subscribe to this topic and we can post our questions, answers and hints here.

Greg

AKA

McCutchan Cache Clan

I think this forum will be a good idea as we have about 20 unclaimed puzzle caches in the waikato area ourselves.

Of which 6 we have unsolved and are really stuck on some of parts of the puzzles.

Although we are too fussed about solving them any time soon,we figure with time and patience the 'aha' moment will come and will claim the prize.

So will watch this listing just in case we see anything pop up that will help us towards our unsolved puzzles.

Not interested in coordinates or answers,just a conversation can sometimes be the nudge reward required.

Might just find that nudge on here. :laughing:

Greg

AKA

McCutchan Cache Clan

Not just in the Waikato :laughing: but Great idea!!

* subscribed and lurking, lol :laughing:

I like the challenge of learning something new or in many cases it is just learning to look at something in a new way/ diff angle/how someone else sees things.

I would like to get the hints rolling by asking a question...

but am wondering 1st how much do the cache-owners want revealed here? or is this a communal free-for-all :anicute:

*Wings over Whatawhata* yep, stumped.don't understand what to do. but am wondering if the easy obvious number is an intentional red herring or does that set one down the right track?

Greg

AKA

McCutchan Cache Clan

Not just in the Waikato :laughing: but Great idea!!

* subscribed and lurking, lol :laughing:

I like the challenge of learning something new or in many cases it is just learning to look at something in a new way/ diff angle/how someone else sees things.

I would like to get the hints rolling by asking a question...

but am wondering 1st how much do the cache-owners want revealed here? or is this a communal free-for-all :laughing:

*Wings over Whatawhata* yep, stumped.don't understand what to do. but am wondering if the easy obvious number is an intentional red herring or does that set one down the right track?

We actually have taken to love learning something new/and or seeing a different perspective on puzzles.

We are no means genius's and started out knowing very little and learning a lot.

If I saw one of our caches being picked apart and analyzed here we would actually not mind.

There are many ways to solve puzzles and sharing ideas can often lead to new leads and ideas.

What would be disturbing would be just the sharing of solved coordinates for a final. :anicute:

Having a forum such as this which can keep to the theme,and not turn into a puzzle owner bash/debate would be great and would be happy to subscribe to the intended theme. :laughing:

We actually have taken to love learning something new/and or seeing a different perspective on puzzles.

We are no means genius's and started out knowing very little and learning a lot.

If I saw one of our caches being picked apart and analyzed here we would actually not mind.

There are many ways to solve puzzles and sharing ideas can often lead to new leads and ideas.

What would be disturbing would be just the sharing of solved coordinates for a final. :anicute:

Having a forum such as this which can keep to the theme,and not turn into a puzzle owner bash/debate would be great and would be happy to subscribe to the intended theme. :laughing:

:laughing: please pardon my babbling, I am not good at wording what I mean, but I agree completely with what you've just said :huh: ( except that I am not convinced about the un-genius status)

LOL, mis/pre-conceptions can truly lead us astray. The most entertainment I've had so far from a puzzle I made was when some locals were racing for FTF ; it should have been ever so easy for any techy type but just never saw it coming from l'il ole me. teeeehheeeeeheeee :laughing:

I am glad you have thrown some easier ones out there, but most of your harder ones I have no idea how to start! *blush* though that is great because I find them intruiging & it means I have lots to learn :laughing:

So, how about throwin me a bone to chew on? :laughing:

Greg

AKA

McCutchan Cache Clan

I'll start the ball rolling..............

The first one is CHERUB: Basic Training GC1GHPZ, I've got to the 1st waypoint, got the slip of paper with the substitution key (or part of) along with encrypted co-ords for the next way point, no clue on how to use the key or how to decode the co-ords, although I can make an educated guess at what some of the words are

The 2nd one Alex Rider goes Geocaching GC1F92N, As a few of us at the meeting we have all figured the code, and arrived with a set of numbers which don't seem to mean too much, anyone care to fill us in on how we can apply these numbers to obtain the co-ords?

Greg

AKA

McCutchan Cache Clan

I'll start the ball rolling..............

The first one is CHERUB: Basic Training GC1GHPZ, I've got to the 1st waypoint, got the slip of paper with the substitution key (or part of) along with encrypted co-ords for the next way point, no clue on how to use the key or how to decode the co-ords, although I can make an educated guess at what some of the words are

The 2nd one Alex Rider goes Geocaching GC1F92N, As a few of us at the meeting we have all figured the code, and arrived with a set of numbers which don't seem to mean too much, anyone care to fill us in on how we can apply these numbers to obtain the co-ords?

Here a few solved ones, message or email me if you want clues on the answers or the actual answer

By Toutatis GC1MBNZ

Seeking Geocachers in Jest GC1EJXQ

Farmer in the Dell GC1CR0F

IMEI GC25K9K

Vote for Cabbage GC13D2A

Fortunately we are not the owners of any of the puzzles listed above that you are offering to GIVE the answers away to or I would have far more to say to you. As it is, I will suggest that those interested in your posting add the abovementioned puzzles to their watchlists and note which geocachers are prepared to take you up on such offers - for interest sake, because it’s just a game, of course!

It is one thing to give hints, quite another to give away solutions. Is the next thing you are planning to suggest that you nominate someone, to do the long walks and sign the logbooks for everyone, who can’t be bothered, so you can all claim them?

It's a shame that an interesting idea for an Event cache (although exclusively for locals due to being set on a weekday) has come to this!

Here a few solved ones, message or email me if you want clues on the answers or the actual answer

By Toutatis GC1MBNZ

IMEI GC25K9K

Vote for Cabbage GC13D2A

Fortunately we are not the owners of any of the puzzles listed above that you are offering to GIVE the answers away to or I would have far more to say to you. As it is, I will suggest that those interested in your posting add the abovementioned puzzles to their watchlists and note which geocachers are prepared to take you up on such offers - for interest sake, because it’s just a game, of course!

It is one thing to give hints, quite another to give away solutions. Is the next thing you are planning to suggest that you nominate someone, to do the long walks and sign the logbooks for everyone, who can’t be bothered, so you can all claim them?

It's a shame that an interesting idea for an Event cache (although exclusively for locals due to being set on a weekday) has come to this!

As the Event cache owner we do not condone that the solns be given away in any form and none were during our forum as far as I can tell.

Its up to individuals as to what they do between themselves though of course.

During the event as far as I could tell

By Toutatis GC1MBNZ

IMEI GC25K9K

Vote for Cabbage GC13D2A

As the Event cache owner we do not condone that the solns be given away in any form and none were during our forum as far as I can tell.

Its up to individuals as to what they do between themselves though of course.

During the event as far as I could tell

B) Crikey started off as a usefull forum and now appears to be solution offers under the table.. :unsure:

We were just up at Summit Fever but didnt offer to sign the book for others as a solution...

Was on the to do list and just got on with it...... enough said

Oh dear, is this topic already going to go off the rails? :unsure:

for now I will give the benefit of doubt to the McCCC's about their offer :grin:

I don't think handing out answers, ( I have been asked before) without someone at least giving the puzzle a decent try is really too great; and I really don't see what satisfaction there is in just racking up numbers... why bother with signing puzzle logs, if you don't like or try to do them?

BUT in some cases, after attempting & struggling, and just not being able to grasp a concept, I think it would be OK to tell someone the solution.. NOT so they can just run out and "score" but so they may see how it works & learn something new.

Of course there is nothing like the "aha!" moment :lol:

Puzzles are fun! signing the log is just a ...a.... oh blast! i can't think of the word, LOL! spent my ration of brain cells doing puzzles B)

Edited by SaltyCacheNutZ

SCNZ :unsure: At least you have had the satisfaction of breaking into the minds of the couple of Kiwis who have (outside the Waikato), managed to stump us with their easter egg challenge. B)

Have not quite got eggsactly anything close to the yolk of that one...

See..we all have our different AHA moments...

Wings over Whatawhata..well once you earn your wings you need to keep them as they are significant.

Then you will find they will be use full for approaching the landing zone once the celebrities have revealed their achievements that are relevant.

SCNZ B) At least you have had the satisfaction of breaking into the minds of the couple of Kiwis who have (outside the Waikato), managed to stump us with their easter egg challenge. B)

Have not quite got eggsactly anything close to the yolk of that one...

See..we all have our different AHA moments...

Wings over Whatawhata..well once you earn your wings you need to keep them as they are significant.

Then you will find they will be use full for approaching the landing zone once the celebrities have revealed their achievements that are relevant.

LOL, I think my wings were earned fairly quickly & keep flapping them but seemingly to no avail as most of my feathers got plucked while doing EasterEggHunt! :D I guess it serves me right for breaking the old adage of "counting your chicks before they've hatched" B);)

Oh dear, is this topic already going to go off the rails? :)

for now I will give the benefit of doubt to the McCCC's about their offer B)

I don't think handing out answers, ( I have been asked before) without someone at least giving the puzzle a decent try is really too great; and I really don't see what satisfaction there is in just racking up numbers... why bother with signing puzzle logs, if you don't like or try to do them?

BUT in some cases, after attempting & struggling, and just not being able to grasp a concept, I think it would be OK to tell someone the solution.. NOT so they can just run out and "score" but so they may see how it works & learn something new.

Of course there is nothing like the "aha!" moment :cool:

Puzzles are fun! signing the log is just a ...a.... oh blast! i can't think of the word, LOL! spent my ration of brain cells doing puzzles :laughing:

All i've set out to do is provide a bit of help in solving some of these puzzles, rather than just dishing co-ords for the locations. In return maybe some others will provide a pointer or 2 on how to solve some of these. Hey it takes all the fun out of it if you are just given the answer, but like a lot of people out there some of the puzzles are quite challenging and we just don't have a clue, so a shove or push in the right direction goes a long way to people keeping their sanity.

All i've set out to do is provide a bit of help in solving some of these puzzles, rather than just dishing co-ords for the locations....

That's what I thought you meant ;)

...In return maybe some others will provide a pointer or 2 on how to solve some of these. Hey it takes all the fun out of it if you are just given the answer, but like a lot of people out there some of the puzzles are quite challenging and we just don't have a clue, so a shove or push in the right direction goes a long way to people keeping their sanity.

And I'm sure there are more than a few of us on the same page ...

Now if only we could get a few more clues! :unsure:

I guess we need to Ask about specific puzzles if we want answers...

I now look at every reply to see if there is some cryptic hidden meaning, LOL :rolleyes: and yes, I have been known to leave hint that way myself at times, hehehe

Perhaps I should give Wings Over Whatawhata another try... no previous nudges seemed to help; but sometimes a good break helps, and a fresh approach works.... but I'd be grateful for another clue!

Goodness, I plucked so many feathers cracking the Easter Egg Hunt, I think I need to wait for some re-growth before I have a chance of flying on Wings Over Whatawhata!

So, thought to give another Auckland puzzle a try....

but LOWERdy!HUIsA DAM hard one! ( GC24459 ) LOL, try adding an n to that... it autoedits to dadgum

any hints to get me started? :rolleyes:

Edited by SaltyCacheNutZ

Im having a little trouble with a couple of the puzzle caches in hamilton. any chance of a point in the right direction.

I am trying to solve the -

Its all greek to me

Cipher test

have come to a dead end

Send me a message through my geocaching profile, include the GC number of the puzzles you need help with and i'll see if I can give you a hint or 2

Greg