Wanted: 2 GPS units for the Kids

We are brand new to the sport of Geocaching and are IN LOVE with it. The only problem is I have an IPhone and everytime we go out, the kids want to hold my $300 phone :P .... I want them to feel included but not break my non-insured phone !! LOL

I am looking for two very cheap but very easy to manage handheld GPS units. I am not looking to spend over $100 for the both of them ... if you have one or two your wanting to sell, please let me know.

Thanks so much - Momma Carrillo :blink:

We are brand new to the sport of Geocaching and are IN LOVE with it. The only problem is I have an IPhone and everytime we go out, the kids want to hold my $300 phone :rolleyes: .... I want them to feel included but not break my non-insured phone !! LOL

I am looking for two very cheap but very easy to manage handheld GPS units. I am not looking to spend over $100 for the both of them ... if you have one or two your wanting to sell, please let me know.

Thanks so much - Momma Carrillo :laughing:

Check out the rest of the forum topics. I think I saw Magellan Triton 400 or 500 for $75.00.

We are brand new to the sport of Geocaching and are IN LOVE with it. The only problem is I have an IPhone and everytime we go out, the kids want to hold my $300 phone :rolleyes: .... I want them to feel included but not break my non-insured phone !! LOL

Thanks so much - Momma Carrillo :laughing:

Check out the rest of the forum topics. I think I saw Magellan Triton 400 or 500 for $75.00.

How old are your kids? They might enjoy the geomate jr. It's very affordable and kid proof. Google it.

I started my kids out with the Venture CX (not HC) and they loved them. I got a great deal on ebay for them years ago. They were good starter units because I could load caches onto them via a USB cable and if we needed to modify coordinates on the fly they learned how to that.

I eventually upgraded them to the Legend HCX's because I found an even greater deal on craigslist for them ($200.00 for the both of them) about a year ago and sold the CX's here on the forums. If possible, I would try and get identical units so that they don't feel one is better than the other and fight over them.

Good luck.

I started my kids out with the Venture CX (not HC) and they loved them. I got a great deal on ebay for them years ago. They were good starter units because I could load caches onto them via a USB cable and if we needed to modify coordinates on the fly they learned how to that.

I eventually upgraded them to the Legend HCX's because I found an even greater deal on craigslist for them ($200.00 for the both of them) about a year ago and sold the CX's here on the forums. If possible, I would try and get identical units so that they don't feel one is better than the other and fight over them.

Good luck.

Thanks so much for the Helpful Hints ..... I know they are fighting over everything !!!