Pocket Query for Hides

EscapeFromFlatland

I ran a PQ on my hides so I could input to GSAK and look at statistics on my hides..

Find totals on my caches are off.

On my most popular cache, the cache page says 133 finds, but the PQ says 20 finds.

Seems that's the same with my other more popular hides. Is there a cutoff for how far back the PQ grabs logs? Is there a way to grab all log history for the cache?

the cache page says 133 finds, but the PQ says 20 finds.

The PQ "says 20 finds"? says it where? or do you mean that you have 20 logs? from running the query several times? I thought PQ results came with the last 5 logs of whatever type (plus your own?)

The found count is on the cache page, but that bit of code doesn't seem to come in the PQ - if it does, my method of opening the query is stripping that data. I'd like to learn that it's there and how to get to it, if that's possible.

Edited by Isonzo Karst

Bah. That's pretty useless then. Why not let PMs have a PQ for hides that tracks all logs?

While that might be frustrating for you, remember that geocaching.com is a listing service. So naturally most of the sites functionality is geared towards giving you all the info you need to find caches.

Bah. That's pretty useless then. Why not let PMs have a PQ for hides that tracks all logs?

While that might be frustrating for you, remember that geocaching.com is a listing service. So naturally most of the sites functionality is geared towards giving you all the info you need to find caches.

Yet the give you the My Finds query just you can compute statistics. A My Hides that gives all the logs would be very nice to have.

Until then, the GSAK AddLogs macro in doesn't, IMO, violate the TOU if used as intended. But it can be abused. Embedding it in loop that automatically goes from cache to cache could be seen as a scrapper and it shouldn't be run more often than necessary. Most people will have to run it at most once on each of their owned caches and then can just periodically get a PQ of their hides to get the most recent 5 logs to add the the database.