10th Anniv of geocaching - UAE

Carbon Hunter

It's the 10th Anniv of caching globally on the first weekend of May.

Shoul;d we arrange a meet n greet in some place like Ibn Battutta for the UAE cachers?

Anyone keen for a meet and greet with swap of TBs and stories?

We need to act within the next 2 weeks to ensure that we meet GS guideliens for an event.

Perhaps we should try get Tech-savvy and have a skype video link between the 2 (or more if people from Kuwait/Saudi/Bahrain) want to join in for a cup of Kawfr?

That can be arranged. perhaps it could be a FIRST for gc.com as well. I suggest you go ahead and get the details. I am in from Qatar's point of view. perhaps we should contact mfares in Saudi, not sure of the Bahraini guys - there are a few active cachers there - CamelMaster in Oman and somebody in Kuwait then we have the GCC covered. All Events can be co-ordinated in teh different countries to take place at the same time. Most of our coffe shops have WiFi so Skype could work well. :laughing:

Perhaps we should try get Tech-savvy and have a skype video link between the 2 (or more if people from Kuwait/Saudi/Bahrain) want to join in for a cup of Kawfr?

That can be arranged. perhaps it could be a FIRST for gc.com as well. I suggest you go ahead and get the details. I am in from Qatar's point of view. perhaps we should contact mfares in Saudi, not sure of the Bahraini guys - there are a few active cachers there - CamelMaster in Oman and somebody in Kuwait then we have the GCC covered. All Events can be co-ordinated in teh different countries to take place at the same time. Most of our coffe shops have WiFi so Skype could work well. :laughing:

ooh I would really be interested in a video link! :rolleyes: It's unlikely that I'll be able to get to it so that would work out great! A first for geocaching too! :D

Great - I'm thinking of Friday 30 Apriol (afternoon) - or Sat 1 May - Mid day - probably at the Mugg n Bean next to the Abu dhabi airport? I just need to confirm that they have space and that they have a wireless connection so we can welcome Qatar and Kuwait cachers in via skype - I'd go for a skype chat rather than video link due to bandwidth issues on multiple links.

And then send a photo in.

GC274Q5

Will be the cache listing.

Should each country post an Event to coincide with this one as well or will we all log the one as attended?

We have permission for you to log the UAE event.

We are already a little late on the 2 week cut off - but because of this forum thread - we squeaked in.