Garmin Oregon 200 .. Paperless?

Does anyone use a Garmin Oregon 200? I am looking for a middle of the road GPS and looking at one of those... I will use it on my motorcycle for turn by turn routing and geocaching but would like to be paperless. Are they paperless.. ie. can I load info from the cache page, size/terrain/difficulty etc? I notice they also accept sdmicro cards. Don't need tons of bells and whistles!!! Can you enter coords, then have the turn by turn directions?

thanks

Edited by frogwash

From the Garmin website:

"Oregon 200 supports Geocaching.com GPX files for downloading geocaches and details straight to your unit. By going paperless, you're not only helping the environment but also improving efficiency. Oregon stores and displays key information, including location, terrain, difficulty, hints and descriptions, which means no more manually entering coordinates and paper print outs! Simply upload the GPX file to your unit and start hunting for caches. Show off photos of your excursions with Oregon’s picture viewer. Slim and lightweight, Oregon is the perfect companion for all your outdoor pursuits."

Edited by ryan3295

I use an Oregon 200 for paperless geocaching and it does give all the information I need. I download Pocket queries from the geocaching website using Easy GPS. It then shows the cache description, including size and difficulty, the hint (on a separate page), and the last 5 logged finds. I have not had any difficulty finding caches with it, and am very happy with it. I am not so sure how it will be with a motorbike, though. I live in the UK, and have used it a couple of times in the car, and it takes me on some rather wierd routes, but I haven't tried too hard with fiddling with the settings for this (it also doesn't have sound for route directions, so you have to read the screen).

Thanks all...! Sounds like a good deal for the price. I am currently using a Garmin ETrex. Hey Ryan... you sound like you write ads! I did notice it does not have a compass, which seems a bit weird! My ETrex Legend has one... So I assume you download pics to it, because it does not have a camera. So if I have the turn by turn mapping software... I can enter coords for a cache and have it direct me to it?

Thanks all...! Sounds like a good deal for the price. I am currently using a Garmin ETrex. Hey Ryan... you sound like you write ads! I did notice it does not have a compass, which seems a bit weird! My ETrex Legend has one... So I assume you download pics to it, because it does not have a camera. So if I have the turn by turn mapping software... I can enter coords for a cache and have it direct me to it?

The Oregon 200 has the same type of compass screen as the etrex Legend. Whish is to say it only works accurately when you are moving.

Not sure what you men about downloading pics??????

Yes - if you have the autorouting maps loaded you can have it give you turn by turn directions to the road point nearest the cache.

"Show off photos of your excursions with Oregon’s picture viewer." Looking at Ryan's statement as far as my statement about downloading pics.

thanks!

oh - ok - yes, you have to download photos to it for viewing - or pop the microsd card out of your camera and put it in the Oregon for viewing.