GeocacheStore.com.au

JamieMul

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone else is having trouble contacting Geocachestore.com.au? I made an order with them on the 2/3/2010. I heard from them on the 10/3/2010 about my order saying that some goods were not in stock and I would get a partial refund for those items and that the rest would be shipped the next day. Since then I have had no contact at all. No goods have arrived and I have not received the partial refund. I have sent numerous emails asking about my order. I have used both the contact phone numbers on their website twice and both go to the same 3rd party message service. I have used their special "contact us" form and I have sent a message via their online chat system. After all this I have heard nothing. I have used this site in the past and they shipped my order quite quickly and were good to deal with so I am a bit confused as to this sudden lack of communication and service. Does anyone in the caching community know anything about this site?

Cheers,

Jamie.

It seems I was a bit premature in my optimism. I did get one email from Zoe but since then nothing. Another week has passed by. If you have the chance to call them I would be grateful. I have spent not an insignificant amount of money and have no goods and minimal contact from Geocachestore. It is very frustrating.

Cheers,

Jamie.

Edited by JamieMul

I have been able to get hold of a friend of Aaron and Zoe and am sad to announce that unfortunately Aaron's dad passed away.

She mentioned that Zoe just noticed that she hasn't been receiving

messages/emails from the store and is checking into it.

Posted on their website:

Geocache Store Australia is temporarily closed due to a death in our family. For our customers who have tried to contact us, we will be attempting to respond individually to everyone this week (12th - 16th April).

For items ordered that are in stock, all orders will be posted this week. For backorders, all have been ordered and will be sent to you as soon as the stock arrives in Australia. If a refund is required we will give this option where possible.

For further updates please sign up to our newsletter and also check our announcements page, where we will be keeping everyone informed.

Posted on their website:

Geocache Store Australia is temporarily closed due to a death in our family. For our customers who have tried to contact us, we will be attempting to respond individually to everyone this week (12th - 16th April).

For items ordered that are in stock, all orders will be posted this week. For backorders, all have been ordered and will be sent to you as soon as the stock arrives in Australia. If a refund is required we will give this option where possible.

For further updates please sign up to our newsletter and also check our announcements page, where we will be keeping everyone informed.

Please contact John Harrison re order receipt No 3965-0616-5191-3450, dated 24-04-2010. Goods still not received. This matter will be taken further both on line and through PayPal until goods are received or amount credited. This is the fourth time of contact, messages left on both phone number message service and direct email contact. You are at risk of becoming listed as an untrustworthy company to deal with.

My partner has purchased some items on the 19/02/10, intending it as a birthday gift to me. We then received an email on the same day saying that the order was on backorder and that it would take 2 weeks to fill it:

"Just letting you know that one or more items on your order #685 are preorder items, or are currently on backorder.

For preorders, please check the announcements to find out when they are expected in stock. Most backorders are cleared within 2 weeks.

Once we have all of your items in stock, we will send them out to you. If you require one or more of the items now, please email us to arrange the additional postage.

Thanks again for ordering from us, we really hope you enjoy the products!

Kind Regards,

The Geocachestore.com.au Team"

It is now almost the end of May (and definitely more than 2 weeks) and we have yet to receive any word or response to our emails and calls. We have also sent an email to request that the order be canceled and that we be refunded based on the non-delivery of goods. We have yet to receive any response or refund......

Same kind of thing here. Back order on T-shirt in February. No contact except auto email response.

Since found out the T-shirts are no longer available! So refund should be forthcoming, but nothing to date.

Site closed for "maintenance"! Something smells wrong!

Definately think they need to be disassocited from Geocaching.cm and .com.au.

Same kind of thing here. Back order on T-shirt in February. No contact except auto email response.

Since found out the T-shirts are no longer available! So refund should be forthcoming, but nothing to date.

Site closed for "maintenance"! Something smells wrong!

Yep, Ithink your dollars have disappeared :blink:

They provided a discount to Geocaching NSW members in return for promoting them. After no reply to emails sent in April, the notice was removed and members advised of the situation.

They also provided prizes to Geotalk podcast. Once again, no email replies so they are no longer mentioned.

I am also owed an outstanding item that was on back order. The lack of reply is the most disappointing aspect of this situation.

Edited by The Spindoctors