Traveling & Need Help Finding Caches!

Jeep_Dog

I plan on getting to Mars within the next few years. Unfortunately, I am having difficulty finding cache listings there. Anyone have any ideas?

Please, no cheeky "duh, if you have the technology to get there, then you surely can manage to search for listings" replies.

Thank you.

I plan on getting to Mars within the next few years. Unfortunately, I am having difficulty finding cache listings there. Anyone have any ideas?

Please, no cheeky "duh, if you have the technology to get there, then you surely can manage to search for listings" replies.

Thank you.

Not meaning to be "cheeky" but I think you are a couple days early for that post!! :wub:

You do realize that your hand held device is a receiver and you need to have something to transmit for you to receive it. If no satellites then nothing is transmited so nothing can be recived to determine your location or cache location.

Indeed. There's one on the space station with little issue of the needing reception.

I'm getting a little disparaged now, I must confess. Garmin has confirmed that none of their products are built for the environmental conditions for Mars (I didn't state "Mars," however - just gave them the conditions and asked if any product would last very long - I didn't want them to think I was nuts, after all).

Well, it seems there is none there. Guess I will have to get one established. I'm thinking a multi or perhaps mystery cache. Coordinates gets one to the launch site, then some math problem for location on the planet.

I am a bit saddened that I don't get to log one once I arrive, however. My travels cause long dry spells in "find" stats....

Don't think that you have the satellite capability to enable GPS on Mars yet.

That capability is not required.

In accordance with Geocaches in Space (or other planets/spacecraft), I believe I have secured the ability to land. There's no reference to navigation-enabling satellites required.

Landing might be the easy part... consider fuel bills, Mars customs and immigration control, can you get back? and of course you would have to be TOTALLY Sterilized... and otherwise healthy... and so on...

On the other hand, the orbital calculations and related stuff would make for one heck of a puzzle!

Doug