Benchmark Survey Projects?

Cracker.

Hey, I see on the NGS Datasheet search page, that you can search PID's by a survey project.

Anybody have any info on what a survey project constitutes?

In my area, there is an old railroad bed from a railroad that was used from the 1850's to 1964. I see many of the PIDs in my area are along this bed, spaced pretty evenly. They are also physically in order alpha-numerically.

I am guessing that the project listed for these might be when they where building the railroad across western NY.....

I think it would be neat to try to find all (or as many) PIDs as you can for a whole project.....

Comments?

Art

www.yankeetoys.org

www.BudBuilt.com

http://www.ttora-ne.mainpage.net/

Yup.....I did that.

Thats how I figured all the marks near me were all tied together.....

The project number is L9326

I guess a by project, they mean whatever civil project that required a certain amount of and certain locations of new benchmarks.... ???

I think thats why it would be cool to try to loacte as many Bm's as you can that are linked to a project....Sorta follow in the footsteps of the engineers who placed them....

I would think it kinda gives another reason to seek them out, too, rather than hitting random marks in the area singularly.....??

Art

www.yankeetoys.org

www.BudBuilt.com

http://www.ttora-ne.mainpage.net/

When I wrote the BLM, several years ago they sent me the Information in this form. N.G.S. (USC&GS) Vertical Control Data A.Quadrangle No.360934 ,Cassville Quadrangle,28_ Missouri,N3630-W9345/15, Diagram NJ 15-11, Harrison. Third order levels,National Geodetic Vertical Datum of 1929, Final Adjustment of 1974,Barry County, Edition of: 6/10/74,PR: ADP/cb. This reference to the (QUADRANGLES can be found on the legend of the topographical map for that quad.)or quads they all tie together. What in the future, the way that it was explained to me was the World Geodetic System, or WGS,the entire world linked to one system?

Tetrahedron in a sphere=GEOID=Perfect Pyramid. On all Planets there is a Geometric disturbance at 19.5 degrees!!!

You can go to the County Court House in your area and find the old railroad maps,every other section was originaly given to the railroad,which was then traded to make the proper easments,and on and on. The Records room is always very helpful,and most of the time for me a historic journey back to put a puzzel together from the bits and pieces.

Tetrahedron in a sphere=GEOID=Perfect Pyramid. On all Planets there is a Geometric disturbance at 19.5 degrees!!!