Recommendations for caching spots outside Anaheim

fishiam

Hello SoCal cachers,

I will be spending 4 days in Anaheim so that my teenage daughters can go to Disneyland. As I've spent too much time with Mickey and company the past two years, I am planning on caching during the day instead. I would like a recommendation or two of what areas around Anaheim have fun caches. I don't need high concentration areas nor do I want to spend half a day going after a single, glorious cache. An area with a dozen quality caches that can be done in eight hours would be about right. Ideally, the area would be not much more than a half hour to 45 minutes from Anaheim. Suggestions?

thanks

fishiam (from Seattle)

Hello SoCal cachers,

I will be spending 4 days in Anaheim so that my teenage daughters can go to Disneyland. As I've spent too much time with Mickey and company the past two years, I am planning on caching during the day instead. I would like a recommendation or two of what areas around Anaheim have fun caches. I don't need high concentration areas nor do I want to spend half a day going after a single, glorious cache. An area with a dozen quality caches that can be done in eight hours would be about right. Ideally, the area would be not much more than a half hour to 45 minutes from Anaheim. Suggestions?

thanks

fishiam (from Seattle)

Not really my area, but I've been wanting to check out caches around here: GC1D258 Silverado

Looks like some hiking near this cache and plenty of drive ups. Even a couple of earth caches in the area.

In theory, it will take you about 46 minutes to get there.

Have fun.

Duncan

Not really my area, but I've been wanting to check out caches around here: GC1D258 Silverado

Looks like some hiking near this cache and plenty of drive ups. Even a couple of earth caches in the area.

Have fun.

Duncan

Well, I only got one response to my request but as it turned out that's all I needed. I did in fact make Silverado my destination and I found about 20 caches that day. There are some really amazing camo'ed containers on the roads out to Silverado (I especially like OC Man's metal insects). Thanks Duncan for pointing me in a good direction!

thanks!

-fish

Edited by fishiam

Have fun.

Duncan

Well, I only got one response to my request but as it turned out that's all I needed. I did in fact make Silverado my destination and I found about 20 caches that day. There are some really amazing camo'ed containers on the roads out to Silverado (I especially like OC Man's metal insects). Thanks Duncan for pointing me in a good direction!

thanks!

-fish

Are you still out this way? Claremont isn't too far, maybe 20 minutes away from Anaheim and has some great caches!