Blogging

I've found that one of the best things to do as a new blogger is to get to know the other geocachers who blog. Use a service like Google Reader to keep on top of other blog posts. Comment on other people's blogs, and link to them when they're relevant. People will return the favour.

I recently had the pleasure of meeting fellow geo-blogger ErikaJean in Arizona. We had a long day of caching together and it was AWESOME!

Twitter can also be a good resource if you use it wisely.

Include pictures in your post often. They increase traffic!

Use Wordpress's "widgets" to add more stuff to the side of your blog, like links so people can add you to their RSS feeds. That will help people follow your blog on a regular basis.

Why don't you just post what you do on the blog in the online cache logs? That would save time for you. I did not see anything inflammatory in your blog to set off a CO.

Some of things you post in your blog is relevant to specific caches and could help other geocachers. Its more relevant than the standard "TFTC", "TNLNSL". Those have a time and place but additional information is good too.

Not everyone that geocaches wants to or has time to read a blog.

Why don't you just post what you do on the blog in the online cache logs? That would save time for you. I did not see anything inflammatory in your blog to set off a CO.

Some of things you post in your blog is relevant to specific caches and could help other geocachers. Its more relevant than the standard "TFTC", "TNLNSL". Those have a time and place but additional information is good too.

Not everyone that geocaches wants to or has time to read a blog.

There's a fairly substantial community of geocachers who blog and Twitter about geocaching. It's fun to see what geocaching is like in other parts of the world. I recently visited Arizona and met up with a fellow geo-blogger. It's a great way to connect with other cachers.

I don't think any of us treat it as a replacement for good find logging or expect that everyone will want to read our blogs. I sometimes copy and paste between my blog and my find logs, if I've written something that is suitable for both.