I think I messed up my Garmin Colorado 400t

Hi everyone! I can sure use your help if you know anything about the Garmin 400t. I used my GPS yesterday to get me to an Easter Egg Hunt. Last night, I updated my caches in the Garmin using GSAK and the POI loader. Today, I went to go caching and now my Garmin won't load up :) If you turn it on, it acts like it is going to load the maps (says "loading maps"), then it double beeps, gives a blank screen, then starts the process again. We've tried to do a hard reset, but that didn't help either. When we hook it up to the computer, it won't act normal either. Anyone ever heard of this or know what I need to do to get it fixed? TIA!!

**Edited to Add** I was confused between my handheld and car model. This is actually my Garmin Nuvi 255W.

Edited by bahama97

Check out this page:

http://garminoregon.wikispaces.com/Miscell...0to%20Garmin%3F

It lists a couple of ways to recover a Garmin in the situation you describe.

Thank you for the link! I will definitely keep that handy. I must have been a little flustered when typing the post as it is actually my car model that is doing this. It is a Garmin Nuvi 255W. Do you have a link for that one? TIA!

It was my husband who actually worked on it...I think there is a button at the bottom right of the screen and you push that while hitting the power button? Sorry not much help on that.

I did hear back from Garmin & they are going to exchange my unit for a new one. The only cost to me is shipping my unit to them since it is under warranty (thank goodness!). They didn't give any indication as to what happened, but that it had to be sent to them.

Thanks again!