Oregon 300

Can anyone tell in which file on my Oregon 300 my found caches are kept?

They were all there on my GPSr "Show Found" button until I uploaded the latest GPX Pocket Query to my Garmin a few minutes ago, now it is only showing three found caches.

As anyone any idea what I might have done and how to recover found cache data?

Thanks.

They were all there on my GPSr "Show Found" button until I uploaded the latest GPX Pocket Query to my Garmin a few minutes ago, now it is only showing three found caches.

Thanks.

They don't disappear.

Connect the data cable and then anvigate to the "Garmin" folder on the GPS.

Your found caches are in the "Geocache_visits.txt" file.

What has happened is you overwrote the existing PQ file on your Oregon. This removes the caches so you don't look for them again. If your PQ didn't have the found caches in it then they will no longer show up on the GPS but they still exist as found in the Geocache_visits file.

Thanks.

They don't disappear.

What has happened is you overwrote the existing PQ file on your Oregon. This removes the caches so you don't look for them again. If your PQ didn't have the found caches in it then they will no longer show up on the GPS but they still exist as found in the Geocache_visits file.

Thanks for that info. I have had a look and the found caches are in the visits text file as you said. I would have expected my new PQ to show my found caches as well. Is there any way of reinstating the found cache list? Or possibly, a better question would be, is there any need to?

Thanks

Thanks.

They don't disappear.

Thanks for that info. I have had a look and the found caches are in the visits text file as you said. I would have expected my new PQ to show my found caches as well. Is there any way of reinstating the found cache list? Or possibly, a better question would be, is there any need to?

Thanks

As long as you have logged your cache finds on the Groundspeak site there is probably no need to have them in the "Found Caches" section on the unit.

If you check the "Trip Computer" section it shows you how many caches you have found next to the treasure chest. You can edit this in the setup "Geocaches" file if you need to.

As long as you have logged your cache finds on the Groundspeak site there is probably no need to have them in the "Found Caches" section on the unit.

If you check the "Trip Computer" section it shows you how many caches you have found next to the treasure chest. You can edit this in the setup "Geocaches" file if you need to.

Thats great. Thanks for advice.