Garmin Oregon 300 help

I recently bought a refurbished Garmin Oregon 300 from MegaGPS.com. I noticed it came with a CD only with the GPS pdf manual on it. Here is my question how do I remove found geocaches on it? I am able to download the caches from the website using the garmin communicator plugin. How in the world do I clear off the found geocaches?

thanks

MjrWingnut

I recently bought a refurbished Garmin Oregon 300 from MegaGPS.com. I noticed it came with a CD only with the GPS pdf manual on it. Here is my question how do I remove found geocaches on it? I am able to download the caches from the website using the garmin communicator plugin. How in the world do I clear off the found geocaches?

thanks

MjrWingnut

Take a look here:

http://garminoregon.wikispaces.com/Geocach...%20interface%3F

thanks

MjrWingnut

Take a look here:

http://garminoregon.wikispaces.com/Geocach...%20interface%3F

Thanks for the info. I find this new way of clearing the data is a pain.

Thanks for the info. I find this new way of clearing the data is a pain.

Yeah, and most of your friends with Colorado or Oregon or Dakota units agree.

One thing -- if you are loading up Pocket Queries with GSAK, there's a box you can check that will cause GSAK to kill off the existing files before you load any new ones. That way, you don't have to remember to do it, and don't have to navigate there to do it. You're still stuck navigating to your Oregon to kill off the cache_visits file once you're done with that, though, and I don't know of any way to avoid that one.

One thing -- if you are loading up Pocket Queries with GSAK, there's a box you can check that will cause GSAK to kill off the existing files before you load any new ones. That way, you don't have to remember to do it, and don't have to navigate there to do it. You're still stuck navigating to your Oregon to kill off the cache_visits file once you're done with that, though, and I don't know of any way to avoid that one.

If you use GSAK, you can use the Garmin Colorado/Oregon/Dakota and DeLorme PN-40 Field Note Import and Log macro to upload your logs to the GC Web site. When you run the macro, it gives you the option of deleting the geocaches_txt file automagically. As always, scroll to the end of the thread to get the latest and greatest version of the macro.

--Larry

Edited by larryc43230