Missing Travel Bug

geedee23

Unfortunately, there is a huge % of TB's that come to this fate :)

That is just something you have to accept when you send TB's out into the world :D

if you have the 2nd tag (since they normally come in a pair) you can send that one out.

Edited by SubyJeff

:) I have a travel bug that was taken from a cache a year ago today and has not been moved on. I have emailed the person on a monthly basis but he has not replied. Is there anything I can do about this ?

A year is exactly the timeline I recommend waiting before re-releasing your bug. Go ahead and pull it back and make a new one with the copy tag. You can change the traveler, name, description, mission/goal, just don't delete the logs of the people who previously assisted your bug. (If there were any)

On future issues you don't need to keep sending emails every month. One after three months and maybe one more after that and forget about it. Pestering someone might actually annoy them and make them toss it out just to be a gurk. The fact is you don't know what might be going on in their life that keeps them from caching. Just be polite and understanding and offer your assist. Maybe to find someone locally to take hand-off or offer to pay for shipping to send it back to you. They might be more likely to respond if they don't feel like they are going to be yelled at.

Edit: it looks like they finally went caching a couple time since they picked your bug. As one other poster mentioned recently if they know you were planning on re-releasing the bug maybe they might be willing to admit they lost the thing.

Edited by BlueDeuce