Site running slow?

Team Cotati

This afternoon I'm having a lot of trouble signing on and when I did get on I couldn't navigate aroung the site due to it taking for ever for the pages to load. I've been having a few minor problems since the upgrade to the site, but nothing to really complain about. This afternoon we canceled a cache trip because we are unable to access the site with either computer. so I guess my question is, are the servers overloaded or something? Once I finally got logged on and over to the forums section it works fine. Thanks to anybody that can answer my question.

We're monitoring the site and making changes when the site slows down. Right now it is performing time but there have been some slow periods. Also one of the web servers has been flaky today so we'll take it out of rotation if this continues.

This afternoon I'm having a lot of trouble signing on and when I did get on I couldn't navigate aroung the site due to it taking for ever for the pages to load. I've been having a few minor problems since the upgrade to the site, but nothing to really complain about. This afternoon we canceled a cache trip because we are unable to access the site with either computer. so I guess my question is, are the servers overloaded or something? Once I finally got logged on and over to the forums section it works fine. Thanks to anybody that can answer my question.

Yes, the servers are under a heavy load right now. This is our busiest time of the week. We're monitoring performance and tweaking what we can.

Yes, the servers are under a heavy load right now. This is our busiest time of the week. We're monitoring performance and tweaking what we can.

i know weekends are the most busy times but its never been so slow, its virtually at a standstill for me

Edited by t4e

Yeah I have always had trouble with the site over the years on Sundays especially. I just try not to use it on weekends, but sometimes like today, I want to. I may have to give up though as it is taking minutes to load every page I try. I am just glad the game is so popular so everywhere I go there is usually a cache I have not found.

Yeah I have always had trouble with the site over the years on Sundays especially. I just try not to use it on weekends, but sometimes like today, I want to. I may have to give up though as it is taking minutes to load every page I try. I am just glad the game is so popular so everywhere I go there is usually a cache I have not found.

I don't know why it is running slow for you. Right now it is quite fast.

I don't know why it is running slow for you. Right now it is quite fast.

And it was real slow until a few minutes ago when it sped up to light speed. I just logged 5 caches and am on my way. Not complaining though. As I said, the trick is to be flexible and be thankful that the game is such a hit!

Slow here on the east coast, but it is encouraging to see Jeremy's posts and know they are monitoring/working on it. I'm not experiencing slow loading of pages, but logs, and especially uploading photos is worrisome. The site will frequently time-out before a photo loads. Anyway...I have great patience :)

Bill

Down in FL, I have been getting about 5 minutes out an hour when things act normal. The rest of the time it is so slow that I could find a 5 star cache during page download! It was that way this morning at 7 a.m. eastern daylight.

I dropped one of the underperforming servers from the queue. I'd be interested in hearing if it cleared up the issue with anyone seeing slow performance. The servers currently are humming along (as is the database).

I'm assuming that you just did this, so I guess it doesn't apply to me. I was trying to do some work on the site, earlier. I mentioned before how each load was about 1 minute long, although it didn't time out which is great. I'd just click a link and then do something else for a minute each time. Slow working, but it eventually worked out. :) Then, at 1:30, it just sped up and has been fine ever since.

I'm assuming that you just did this, so I guess it doesn't apply to me.

Yeah. It wasn't really meant for you. But the lack of response is telling too. It likely means that there aren't any problems since we get an earful (or an eyeful?) when there are issues.

Yeah. It wasn't really meant for you. But the lack of response is telling too. It likely means that there aren't any problems since we get an earful (or an eyeful?) when there are issues.

:)

Well, thanks anyway. :D

Well here is an eye/earful for you. We appreciate what all you guys do for our entertainment!! I am sure you don't hear or read it often enough!! Thanks!!!!

Okay, guess dial up may be a factor too ?

In the forums... Between "hiking and backpacking" and "web site", I was able to make a pot of coffee and pour it before "web site" kicked in.

On GC.com... Since last week noticed that when I click "back" from looking at a cache from a search page, I time out and have to refresh each time before the page again shows.

I went to IE7 (from IE6) after the last problems with site "upgrades."