Piratemania to Mega 2010

Hi folks!

I know a lot of cachers are going from Piratemania to The 2010 Mega camping site.

Any thoughts on the week in between? or just straight up to Perthshire??

Yomping/camping around Arran and the west coast the week before - and *mouse*'s Breakfast on the Ben event - , and east coast/borders the week after :)

Check out the side events to the Mega Perth, might be something that interests you?

check here MEGA SCOTLAND

side-events.JPG

Many thanks for that PP.. We will be muching up your scotland events..

Of which all I am sure will be superb. :D

However I was wondering how cachers may be breaking up the journey to scotland.

We may go directly(ish(via home)) to the main site..

We are all really looking forward to Mega 2010..

( I take it "The Midge" is in full cooporation with the committee :) )

Sorry Robin but we will be having a bettter time in Britain.. :(

Please note all those events/dates are subject to change, so please watch out for the pages when they go live (roughly end april). But they give you an idea of what is planned.

Ashbourne up to Kinross takes about five and half hours if you ignore every single cache along the way - oh come on who am I kidding!!!

"The Midge" has not been invited!

From the guidelines:

Events are generally published no more than three months prior to the date of the event, to avoid having the listing appear for a prolonged period of time on the nearest caches page and in the weekly email notification of new caches. Exceptions are sometimes made for events that are designed to attract a regional, national or international group of geocachers, or if an overnight stay is expected as part of the event, requiring advance reservations and travel planning (for example, a campout). Contact your reviewer if you wish to set up such an event, which may be published up to six months prior to the event date.

A lovely grey area!

Forums foobarred. Main gist of my post:

Night do

Tenner a head????

You're having a laugh, right?

Hopefully we will be?? :P

Not being a committee member and having nothing to do with the organisation of the Ceilidh this answer is completely off the cuff and is just my thoughts.

Your tenner a head covers the cost of the hall & staff for the evening, food and the live band to entertain for the night. I would expect for somewhere in the region of 300 people that you are talking a tenner a head should just cover the costs.

For those that can't afford the cost, and I appreciate those with family that it can be an expensive night out, then there are going to be a lot of free events held. Lets not stick the boot in just because they have to cover the costs for one of the events. :blink:

If food is included in the tenner then that's not bad at all!

I was assuming food wasn't included in the price which makes it a ton of a job for a family with drinks etc.

Yes, the ticket price includes food.

Menu is still to be finalised but will be 2 courses.

The webpage will be updated to make it clearer.

:blink: