GeoCoin Fantasty Baseball

teamhaynes

Okay after being a member of the coin forum for a year and winning a few cointests I thought it was about time I set up a cointest...

So how about some fantasy baseball??

Here is my plan..

I would like 10 to 20 players for this one. I have set up a Yahoo League and will send out invites to the first 20 people who are interested in playing.

My plan is that each player who joins would be willing to send a coin to one of the top 3 overall at the commencement of the season since this is such a long cointest

For Example: If 20 people join then the top 3 distribution would go like this:

1st Place 10 coins sent to the winner

2nd Place 5 coins sent to the 2nd Place

3rd Place 2 Coins to third Place

If less than 20 we can figure out a top 2 or 3 distribution.

I will coordinate sending the coins out at the commencement of the season.

Now just an FYI. I have set it up as a head to head league where you play against another player each week. I have tweaked the trade deadline and am not imposing any number of transaction restrictions. I also plan on having an auto-pick draft.

Other than that I am pretty much going with default yahoo settings for scoring at this point.

Also, if anyone has some prior experience running a fantasy baseball league I would love to have some scoring settings advice (or even a co commissioner if that is allowed)

If we can get this setup we can have the draft sometime next weekend before the start of the season.

Thanks, Jim Haynes

Oh... PM or email me if you are interested in joining.. first 20 in

Edited by teamhaynes

Current Participants:

1. teamhaynes

2. seekerfamily

3. ladyBee4T

4. Mauison

5. Vegas Gamblers..

6. E&Cplus3

7. OpalsGalore

8. bnprood

9. Fianccetto

Would like to get at least one more for an even 10 so if anyone is still considering joining, shoot me an email or pm.

It was a ton of fun to do this with Football and face off against another coiner each week so if you a baseball fan or just want to have some friendly competition, join in

Up to 10 now...

1. teamhaynes

2. seekerfamily

3. ladyBee4T

4. Mauison

5. Vegas Gamblers..

6. E&Cplus3

7. OpalsGalore

8. bnprood

9. Fianccetto

10. stellarscapes

Nice even number... Hopefully we have a few more who will sign up before the week ends.

Everyone who has signed up get your teams set up. Will try to schedule the draft for Saturday.

Shameless bump... Just a few more days to join in the fun.

I will set the league as Draft Ready Thursday Night so people have a chance organize their lineups etc before the first Game Sunday Night.

Anyone else interested???

For those signed up make sure to set up your team before Thursday...

Shameless bump... Just a few more days to join in the fun.

I will set the league as Draft Ready Thursday Night so people have a chance organize their lineups etc before the first Game Sunday Night.

Anyone else interested???

For those signed up make sure to set up your team before Thursday...

Oh, and for those I sent the league ID and password to but have still not set a team, I messed up the link for joining :blink::P

it should be http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1...select?.scrumb=

Then enter the league ID and Password I sent

Last Call

If you haven't signed up please shoot me and email and I will send you the information tonight.

Also please set up your team/draft priorities and I need to set the league as draft ready so that the draft can be completed before the start of the season. According to yahoo there is a 72 hour window once the league is draft ready so I am planning on enabling the draft by tomorrow morning so that you can manipulate your team Sunday before the game

1. teamhaynes

2. seekerfamily

3. ladyBee4T

4. Mauison

5. Vegas Gamblers..

6. E&Cplus3

7. OpalsGalore

8. bnprood

9. Fianccetto

10. stellarscapes

11. kini_ont

12. Bratwurst

Last Call

If you haven't signed up please shoot me and email and I will send you the information tonight.

Also please set up your team/draft priorities and I need to set the league as draft ready so that the draft can be completed before the start of the season. According to yahoo there is a 72 hour window once the league is draft ready so I am planning on enabling the draft by tomorrow morning so that you can manipulate your team Sunday before the game

1. teamhaynes

2. seekerfamily

3. ladyBee4T

4. Mauison

5. Vegas Gamblers..

6. E&Cplus3

7. OpalsGalore

8. bnprood

9. Fianccetto

10. stellarscapes

11. kini_ont

12. Bratwurst

I'm ready, bring on the draft!

Take me out to the ball game, Take me out with the crowd; Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jack, I don't care if I never get back. Let me root, root, root for the home team, If they don't win, it's a shame. For it's one, two, three strikes, you're out, At the old ball game.

Okay ladies and gentlemen.. Your league is officially underway...

Draft Status has been changed to Ready and sometime before Sunday Morning you will have your team.

Make sure to set your lineup for week one on Sunday before the season gets underway with one of the most storied rivalries in history as the Yankees face off against the Red Sox on (8:05 eastern)

Sox%20vs%20Yankees%20rivalry.jpg

Okay Fantasy Baseball Players...

The Draft is underway and your lineups are set for week one... Feel free to start checking the free agents for you favorite underrated players and start trying to set up those trades.

Remember some serious coinage is at stake. :sad:

A few people have mentioned that they are new to fantasy leagues so I thought I would link to a tutorial for fantasy baseball that I ran across.

It seems to do a good job of going through the whole web interface and explain who to best setup your roster.

One note is that our league is set up we set our rosters for a week at a time and any changes you make to your roster before the Monday Deadline will be in effect for the entire next week.

The video shows a league that allows daily roster changes. The way to change the rosters is the same we just get to have lives during the summer and not obsess on the game every day.

Team is sinking to the bottom quickly, all these extra stats are killing the team. Would have won 5-4-1 this week instead of 8-16

Yeah, the stats are difficult to plan/prepare for... I haven't set up a league before and it looks like I should have went with fewer categories. I apologize for any issues with the league at this point and hope you still enjoy playing.

Team is sinking to the bottom quickly, all these extra stats are killing the team. Would have won 5-4-1 this week instead of 8-16

Yeah, the stats are difficult to plan/prepare for... I haven't set up a league before and it looks like I should have went with fewer categories. I apologize for any issues with the league at this point and hope you still enjoy playing.

Still check on the team regularly, just a little more tough to follow.

I check on it daily but have realized that really doesn't make much sense as it can change so much. The best time to check is Sunday evening when my team is being set up for the next week. One stat I find interesting is TBF. That may not really be a good thing if the pitcher is having a hard time getting the batters out he will have a higher total but whichever team has the higher total wins that category. I'm watching stats now that I never even knew about so its been fun. :)

I check on it daily but have realized that really doesn't make much sense as it can change so much. The best time to check is Sunday evening when my team is being set up for the next week. One stat I find interesting is TBF. That may not really be a good thing if the pitcher is having a hard time getting the batters out he will have a higher total but whichever team has the higher total wins that category. I'm watching stats now that I never even knew about so its been fun. :)

Agree with that one - perfect game by pitcher 27 TBF, terrrible outing give up 6 runs in 2-3 innings can easily have more than 27 TBF, ERA of 12-18

I check on it daily but have realized that really doesn't make much sense as it can change so much. The best time to check is Sunday evening when my team is being set up for the next week. One stat I find interesting is TBF. That may not really be a good thing if the pitcher is having a hard time getting the batters out he will have a higher total but whichever team has the higher total wins that category. I'm watching stats now that I never even knew about so its been fun. :anicute:

Agree with that one - perfect game by pitcher 27 TBF, terrrible outing give up 6 runs in 2-3 innings can easily have more than 27 TBF, ERA of 12-18

True, but if your pitcher is having a terrible outing he may be pulled by the third inning and not have anything near the amounts of batters faced as a pitcher completing all nine innings.

Greeting Everyone and Thanks again for joining the league this year. Its been a lot of fun and I hope everyone enjoyed playing. Many of you have commented on too many statistics and I agree on that so next year I will whittle down the amount so that it is easier to develop your team. Any other suggestions would be appreciated as well since this was my first league.

We are closing in on the end of the season so its time to get those coins ready to send to the top three. At the beginning of the season when I first posted in the coin forum I was hoping for 20 team and that coins would go to the top 3. I would still like to send coins to the top three and with 14 players that would mean 11 coins to the top 3. I would like it to go like this: 6 coins to first, 3 to second, and 2 to the 3rd place.

I figure I will handle directing the coins. After we have our top three I will contact everyone else and direct them to send them to the appropriate person. Again this will have to be on the honor system since I didn't collect coins at the beginning of the season and I realize that this could prevent some problems if one or more people don't follow through.

I hope that isn't the case, but I wasn't in a position to ask some of you long time coiners to just send me all the coins prior to the season since I am still a relative newbie. I will make sure however that each of the top 3 receive coins.

Thanks for playing and I hope you have enjoyed the game. Oh and Vegas... your coin for winning the first half is on the way (packaged and ready to mail). Sorry for the delay

Okay Ladies and Gentle Coiners, It all comes down to this...

The Championship is still on the line on the last day of the season with Rodeo Clowns and Hawain Honu fighting it out for victory and only one point separating them as of this morning.

The Smashing Tigers and VG's Brew Crew are also separated by only one point in a tight battle for third so it should be a fun day of baseball.

Before we officially finish up today, I wanted to thank everyone from playing. It has been a fun year and I had a blast. I definitely learned a lot in managing my team and the league and hope we can run this again next year (with some changes to the scoring structure)

As a reminder, when joining the league everyone committed sending a coin to the winners at the end of the season and I had structured it so that the top 3 would receive coins.

With 14 players that would mean 11 coins to the top 3. I would like it to go like this: 6 coins to first, 3 to second, and 2 to the 3rd place.

So would the top three send me their addresses and then I will coordinate who send what to who etc so that this will work out the best.

Thanks again for playing and it was a fun cointest (my first)....

And the winner is.... Rodeo Clowns in First, Hawaiian Honu in Second and Vegas Gamblers in Third.

Both playoff games ended in ties and it came down to the tiebreakers to determine all three spots.

Rodeo and Hawaiian Honu...send me your addressees. VG I already have yours...

Everyone else... I will send you the address to mail your coin to after I get the rest.

Thanks for a great season and see you next year. Go Rockies

Cointest Distribution. Addresses are being sent via the baseball league messenger so look for the address in your email soon. If you cannot send a coin right away, please let me and the recipient know. Thanks, your friendly commissioner...

First Place Coins to Rodeo Clowns:

Mark (Avroair Giants)

ChuckT (Sackville Sluggers)

Ted (Big Daddy)

Opal (OpalsGalore)

TeamHaynes (TH Rockies)

David (Philly Phan)

Second Place Coins to Hawaiian Honu:

Matt and Kim (Coin Sox)

Jacqui (Fianccetto)

Brian (Rodeo Clowns) ***offered a coin to second place***

stellarscapes (Stellar's Stars)

Third Place Coins to Vegas Gamblers:

LadyBee4T (Smashing Tigers)

The Cheese (Zurich Cheeseholes)

Cointest Distribution. Addresses are being sent via the baseball league messenger so look for the address in your email soon. If you cannot send a coin right away, please let me and the recipient know. Thanks, your friendly commissioner...

Mark (Avroair Giants)

Ted (Big Daddy)

Opal (OpalsGalore)

TeamHaynes (TH Rockies)

David (Philly Phan)

Matt and Kim (Coin Sox)

Jacqui (Fianccetto)

Third Place Coins to Vegas Gamblers:

LadyBee4T (Smashing Tigers)

The Cheese (Zurich Cheeseholes)

Coin from me will be late in departing. My coins were packed up with the rest of my household goods and are on their way here to Finland, but according to the last word I got, my stuff won't be here until mid-October. I hope this doesn't present too much of a problem. Just know that as soon as they're here, I'll get the coin out to the respective winner. Should have planned a little better, but I had a lot going on prior to this move, sorry.

Edited by toadjumper

Mark (Avroair Giants)

Ted (Big Daddy)

Opal (OpalsGalore)

TeamHaynes (TH Rockies)

David (Philly Phan)

Matt and Kim (Coin Sox)

Jacqui (Fianccetto)