Problems With FizzyCalc

out12

I have been working on some puzzles that require finding distances and doing projections and have been using Fizzy Calc. I have used this program before and always had no problem, but lately the results I am getting are way off. Just putting the points on a map I can see something isn't right. I have another program that does some of the same things but isn't as simple to use and am getting completely different results. Since Fizzy doesn't actually install I can't try reinstalling. I have deleted the program and downloaded it again but I still get the same thing. Anyone have any ideas?

I have been working on some puzzles that require finding distances and doing projections and have been using Fizzy Calc. I have used this program before and always had no problem, but lately the results I am getting are way off. Just putting the points on a map I can see something isn't right. I have another program that does some of the same things but isn't as simple to use and am getting completely different results. Since Fizzy doesn't actually install I can't try reinstalling. I have deleted the program and downloaded it again but I still get the same thing. Anyone have any ideas?

If it were I, I would send and email to Fizzymagic explaining what I think the problem is and see what he has to say.

My experience is that FizzyCalc results have always been rock solid reliable. Can you provide some example data you think isn't calculating correctly.

OK, I have found what was causing this. At some point I had copy and pasted coordinates in the hdd.ddddd format. When I went to make a change I inadvertently left the decimal after the degrees and then put the decimal minutes after it. Guess my eyes aren't so good as I didn't notice it. For whatever reason that caused things to be off. I too have always found this program to be solid and couldn't understand what was going on.