Internal vs microSD Memory Oregon300

I have searched and searched and cannot seem to find an answer to the problem I am having. I am trying to put all of my maps and geocaches on the blank microSD card i just installed. I got the maps installed by using mapsource but then I discovered that the basemap disappeared. The pre installed garmin world basemap seems to have disappeared entirely. (I think I may have deleted it when trying to move it from the unit to the microSD card).

I tried putting geocaches on the microSD using GSAK but as far as I can tell there is no way to choose that drive. All geocaches are stored in the units memory.

Any help is appreciated. 1) finding my lost basemap 2) navigating between the two memories.

Plug in your Garmin and explore the drive. Do you see:

gmapbmap.img - about 50MB

gmapbmap.sum - only 4 bytes, may show up as "1k" depending on how you view it

That's your base map. If it is missing, that may be your problem.

Also check your config to see if the base map is enabled.

For storing geocaches in microSD memory, are you using the GSAK Colorado macro for the transfer?

After selecting your mapsegments with mapsource click on transfer to, be sure to select the SD

mapsource will put a map called gmapsupp.img in the garmin folder, rename this map to whatever.img because the next map will have the same name, thus overwriting the old map.

im not sure on the rules posting links so i wont, check out a torrent search for the garmin basemap with dem, should be about a 47mb download, i wiped out my internal memory thinking the basemap would be integrated into the unit, big mistake. anyways download that map and place it into your garmins internal memory and it should clear things up again

im not sure on the rules posting links so i wont, check out a torrent search for the garmin basemap with dem, should be about a 47mb download, i wiped out my internal memory thinking the basemap would be integrated into the unit, big mistake. anyways download that map and place it into your garmins internal memory and it should clear things up again

I'm sure someone would have a panic attack over a torrent link :smile: If you know someone else with a Oregon 300, it's easier to just copy it from the other unit.