Bench mark name

trd4me

I found a bench mark on our property, and I am not sure of what the name is. It appears that the name is Sonoma NO 3 1930. Is this correct? If so, I guess it is one that is not in the database. We have 2 others on the property, but i have not gone and taken pictures of them yet. The picure is named "benchmark 2" and the link is below.

Pete

parksoffroad.comftp space

It is described in the 1959 recovery note on the page you posted your recovery note...so you're close! JT2537 describes a station mark disk and several subsidiary reference mark disks (intended to help locate the station mark). You found Reference mark No. 3, and the arrow should point to the station mark.

Many here would not count this as a find unless you could also locate the station mark. The reference marks would be considered finds on their own only if they had their own PID's. However, nobody will give you a hard time if you do otherwise...'tis a game, afterall. This looks like a fun one to run down.

If our pro's care to comment, I'm curious why the 1959 team re-stamped the station mark and RM1 1930...I presume that's to correspond to the year of placement, and 1929 would in that regard be a year off. But why go to the trouble?

Don't get even - get odd