Any Missouri Recommended Geocaches?

Speeding Element

Howdy Cachers!

Fairyhoney and I will be coming to the Missouri area for about a week around the time of MOGA 2010 from the State of Washington. I'm personally wondering if there are any Must See/ Do caches in the area. For those that are familiar with the area, have any personal best/ favorites? If you have any ideas, please respond via this thread or message me via my profile link. I know that we're both looking forward to the fun!

Thanks!

:smile:

Corey

Speeding Element

If you're coming to the St. Louis area and you (or the kids) are Harry Potter fans, I'd recommend the Harry Potter series in Cliff Cave County Park. For example, GC1JJN2, GC18CAN. There are 7 in the series.

If you're interested in military history, the caches in Jefferson Barracks County Park (also in the St. Louis area) will take you to some interesting places. For example, GC11EG5, GCHTHC, GC1KXH0.

If you're looking for something in the neighborhood of MOGA, a lot of the 2009 park 'n grabs (the "gunslinger" series) were just plain fun.

Mark Twain fan? Head over to Hannibal from MOGA and do some of the local caches. Take time to visit the the various Twain attractions. For example, GCE32C, GCC03E.

If you're coming to the St. Louis area and you (or the kids) are Harry Potter fans, I'd recommend the Harry Potter series in Cliff Cave County Park. For example, GC1JJN2, GC18CAN. There are 7 in the series.

If you're interested in military history, the caches in Jefferson Barracks County Park (also in the St. Louis area) will take you to some interesting places. For example, GC11EG5, GCHTHC, GC1KXH0.

If you're looking for something in the neighborhood of MOGA, a lot of the 2009 park 'n grabs (the "gunslinger" series) were just plain fun.

Mark Twain fan? Head over to Hannibal from MOGA and do some of the local caches. Take time to visit the the various Twain attractions. For example, GCE32C, GCC03E.

Thanks for the heads-up about these. I'll look into them.

Flying or driving? If driving what route?

We're flying into Kansas City, MO and then will have a rental car to wander around for a bit. We're thinking of making a large loop going around the neighboring states but maybe that is too ambitious. Still doing my research. Fairyhoney is my mom and I just want to have some ideas to work off of to make suggestions. Thanks in advance for your ideas!

:smile:

Corey