How do geocachers log their travel distances?

patlar

Hello,

I am new to geocaching, and am interested in tracking my actual distances. I guess I could do this with my own geocoin or travel bug, but is there a general concensus on how this is done? Will the car decals work fir this? Thanks for all the help!

Hello,

I am new to geocaching, and am interested in tracking my actual distances. I guess I could do this with my own geocoin or travel bug, but is there a general concensus on how this is done? Will the car decals work fir this? Thanks for all the help!

If you actually thint, that the straight line, between the geocaches you found, has and meaning, you can use any trackable you own.

If you want, for whatever reason, the exact mileage, than use an Excel spreadsheet and keep a log of you journeys. Maybe that#s not such a bad idea after all, you can also add comments. So why not keep a geocaching diary?

GermanSailor

Cars are notoriously hard to take to every cache you visit so I do not recommend using one as a personal logging TB.

Using a personal tb that you can carry absolutely does not show actual miles traveled.

For example - I cache on my lunch hour. So I drive 35 miles to work then drive six miles to a cache in a park. Drive 35 miles home and drive another 35 miles back to work the next day. Drive back to the same park and log a cache .10 from the last one I found. Then drive home to log it.

Let's see, 35 times 4, subtract time out for lunch, add the price of 10 gallons of gas, carry the 1, divide by PI.

Total distance - .10 of a mile