Best unit to take overall on European trip?

DreadPirateJeff

I've got three GPSrs at the moment...

A Geomate Jr, a Garmin GPS 72 and a Garmin Nuvi 780. I plan on taking one of them at least with me to europe for a little geo-caching.

The question is, which one?

If I take the geomate, I'll have to update it with european caches. It makes cache hunting very easy and fun, but really isn't terribly useful for anything else. I could set the home location at my hotel so I'd always find my way back, but that's about it.

If I take the GPS72, I'll have to update it with eurpoean (or belgium maps) as well as load it with waypoints for caches in the area. The plus side is that I'll at least be able to use it for navigating while walking around Brussels and Bruges. The downside is that it has no external storage, so it's limited in that way.

If I take the Nuvi, I'll have to load Belgium maps on it with POIs. I'll also have to load waypoints on it for Belgium to go caching. THe plus side there is it gives turn by turn directions, is pocket sized and has a fairly decent pedestrian setting.

So what would YOU take along in this case?

Thanks... that was what I was thinking, however, after I posted that, I did some further digging and ... I cant find any way to actually put maps on it...

it seems like the only map products Garmin sells now are geared toward Nuvi or for topo maps. I can't find anything like CityNavigator or CitySelect anymore for the older models :surprise:

I e-mailed Garmin's tech support, but I have no idea if they'll even respond.

Any suggestions for getting local maps and putting them onto a GPS 72? Are there any 3rd party companies that make maps that can be installed on the older Garmin units?

Cheers

Jeff