NEW Geocoin- PONY EXPRESS SESQUICENTENNIAL

mo pirate

a19c36ca-3d59-4000-83c5-4ef8d6bb3135.jpgcf415501-cc78-467d-b8d8-a637307a7095.jpg[i have just received my new PONY EXPRESS SESQUICENTENNIAL commemorative geocoins to celebrate the 150 years of this famous mail delivery system. They are Limited Edition and only available in Antique Copper. It is available until gone for $14.95 plus 2.95 shipping/handling. E-mail me at packerbacker31@hotmail.com. These may sell out at our geocaching event- "MEET and GREET- Quite a Feat PONY EXPRESS SESQUICENTENNIAL" where we will participate in the St Joseph, MO Pony Express Celebration activities on April 3rd. Stop by and see us on your way to MOGA and save on shipping[/font]!

That challenge is looming for me...

sorry about not listing the size. they are 2" x 1.5" it takes a lot to get 8 states and 1966 miles on one side! Price is $14.95 plus shipping of $2.95 US or $3.95 Canada or $4.95 most other countries. I had 500 made and have sold almost 100 in the 2 days I have had them. When we have our EVENT on April 3, 2010 at The St Joseph, MO celebration I imagine a lot more will go bye bye. If you want to check on ebay, I have listed auction style with a 12.95 starting price so someone may get one for 12.95 there (plus shipping) or maybe they will go higher than 14.95 who knows. Thanks for looking but once the Sesquicentennial is over I can not imagine these going down in value as they will be sought after. Good luck! and thanks to all.

Wait, is that coin oval? drool! You need to make it about 6 inches larger and attach pieces to use it as a belt buckle. I think it would look great! :surprise:

YES it is! only three brave souls have completed "The Pony Express Trail Challenge" to date. They will be recognized at the event"MEET AND GREET- QUITE A FEAT- (Pony Express 150 years)" during the Sesquicentennial celebration in St Joseph, MO April 3rd. I would say one of these coins will be given away as a door prize too. (and they will be available on site to buy as well). Mojedo got FTF, Byonkes were 2nd to retrace the trail geocaching along the route, and Atomic Falcon Family was close behind before winter set in. Who will complete the trek this year? See you soon!

email sent! save one for me! I went out and traveled the pony express last summer and would love to get my hands on this coin

I plan to do the route myself with sho me da cache and gdh12 this memorial weekend. Guess we will all need coins after this feat! Hope you enjoy your coin!

2" x 1.5" What is the thickness?

This coin is made at Oakcoins and is 3.5 mm thickness.

$14.95 plus 2.95 Seems very high for this coin. Is some of the profit going to a donation for the Pony Express?

Well, I am not sure where you are getting under $10 geocoins BUT this one serves triple duty.

1) it ia a very nice commemorative for the 150th anniversary of this famous trail in western lore.

2)it serves as a coin for the "pony express trail challenge" geocache GC1PRHM

3) it is a collectible or traveller as it is trackable at geocaching.com

it also has it own unique icon

I have a deal with the Pony Express Stables Museum in St Joseph so yes they do profit from the sales of these coins that they sell. As for the ones I sell there is no direct donation to the pony express BUT they do seem to get my money somehow or another. Hope this is a satisfactory answer.

thanks for looking,

MO Pirate aka Steve Allen

$14.95 plus 2.95 Seems very high for this coin. Is some of the profit going to a donation for the Pony Express?

Well, I am not sure where you are getting under $10 geocoins BUT this one serves triple duty.

1) it ia a very nice commemorative for the 150th anniversary of this famous trail in western lore.

2)it serves as a coin for the "pony express trail challenge" geocache GC1PRHM

3) it is a collectible or traveller as it is trackable at geocaching.com

Without a direct donation, $14.95 + 2.95 is too rich for my blood. It's a nice coin, but there are many places you can find coins under $10.

As for the "triple duty" there are a lot of other memorial, or commemorative, awareness... coins that are also trackable. And there are many event coins out there. I don't think this "triple duty" justifies the cost, at least not for me.

Nice coin and nice idea. I wish you luck.

a19c36ca-3d59-4000-83c5-4ef8d6bb3135.jpgcf415501-cc78-467d-b8d8-a637307a7095.jpg[i have just received my new PONY EXPRESS SESQUICENTENNIAL commemorative geocoins to celebrate the 150 years of this famous mail delivery system. They are Limited Edition and only available in Antique Copper. It is available until gone for $14.95 plus 2.95 shipping/handling. E-mail me at packerbacker31@hotmail.com. These may sell out at our geocaching event- "MEET and GREET- Quite a Feat PONY EXPRESS SESQUICENTENNIAL" where we will participate in the St Joseph, MO Pony Express Celebration activities on April 3rd. Stop by and see us on your way to MOGA and save on shipping[/font]!

I have nearly sold out of my "Pony Express Sesquicentennial" geocoin. It is 2" x 1.5" oval as seen in the first part of this thread. I am selling out the remainder at $14.95 shipping included. I had 500 minted and I have less than 100 left. Let me know if you would like one. packerbacker31@hotmail.com

I have nearly sold out of my "Pony Express Sesquicentennial" geocoin. It is 2" x 1.5" oval as seen in the first part of this thread. I am selling out the remainder at $14.95 shipping included. I had 500 minted and I have less than 100 left. Let me know if you would like one. packerbacker31@hotmail.com

OK, last chance. I have about 20 left. they are on ebay for 12.95 plus shipping or email me at packerbacker31@hotmail.com

thanks,

mo pirate of st joseph, mo