Geocacher Sighting - cachemobile

Wander Lost

I was driving a 2000 Land Cruiser near Fred Meyers in East Brermerton with a geoacaching sign and my W7WT license plate on the rear when a light colored Honda drove up behind me at a red light and tapped his horn. I didn't know if was a Ham or Geocacher until he flashed his GPS. Dick

After leaving Lowes in East Bremerton a Red late model VW was stopped in front of me for a red light. I noticed a GC sign on his back window. I flashed my lights and gave him the thumbs up as i didn't have my GPS. He let me go by and then gave me a thumbs up. I haven't given a thumbs up since WWII when it meant pull the chocks on the Steerman biplane. Very few cachers in Kitsap County are on the forums. Jholly, Jim makes up for the rest of us. Dick BTW, I was driving Arlene's t5 Scion.

Edited by W7WT

I spotted a Silver Subaru Baja in downtown Covington, near the Walgreens, with a picture of a hiker holding a GPS which had Geocacher written at the top. I was in a white Dodge Stratus right behind it.

I believe it might possibly had a Yakima dealership's license plate frame as well.

Edited by Dwoodford

Was driving home from the train station in Puyallup this evening when I saw a couple of people behind a sculpture in Puyallup. I knew what they were up to and yelled out the window, "don't worry, no one saw you" and drove home. For fun, I checked the cache page and they mentioned me yelling out the window at them, lol.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LU...6b-bc10599114c5

Edited by NWCREW

Somebody might have seen me today -- I was at the traffic light at 38th and Pine in Tacoma, and saw a flash in my rear view mirror. The passenger in the car behind me then took three more photos, and unless he was looking at my Flying Spaghetti Monster decal, I figure he must've been trying to get the numbers off the travel bug decal on the car. I posed for the last photo, then drove off when the light turned green.

Was driving home from Chester last weekend and while on the motorway approaching Manchester, a car pulled up alongside, beeped their horn and held up a trackable to the window, unfortunately, they covered the code with their hands, oh well, nice to see someone else on the roads though.

i saw an SUV with a geocaching sticker a few weeks back in puyallup by the lowes and shell station heading in the direction of the YMCA. Not sure who it was but it was my first geocacher sighting:)

May have been me, I drive that way a few times every day and haven't seen anyone else with a GC sticker in that area.

A few months ago, I sold my old car and got a new one. I left the TB decal on my old one and figured if the new owners didn't like it, they could take it off. It kinda looks cool to muggles anyways. Turns out, they like it. The TB is still being "discovered" in Seattle while I'm in Tacoma. ...cool!

tnlnsl0ln.jpg

Does this count as a give away that I cache?

Hey, all. Late to the party here, but there's a story involved. First, I am a cacher since '07, but I'm not a regular contributor to this board. In fact, you may never hear from me again after this post, but it's relevant.

OK, the story: I just went through my closets to find some clothes I can donate. Among the shirts I pulled out was one that I have not worn since summer of '05. In the pocket of said shirt was a plastic decoder film -- those transparent red films you look at blue and red images through to see the hidden message -- that I got from Great Clips. It was to allow me to enter the Great Clips Great Dakota Giveaway, an online contest to win a Dodge Dakota. (Coincidentally, I was driving a Dakota at the time.) I went online after I found this thing and, of course, www.greatdakotagiveaway.com is long since defunct. So I did a Google image search for it. Because I searched for the term "giveaway", I found this license plate, and I said, "Wait a minute... TNLNSL, I know what that means!" I clicked on the image and it took me here. So, despite being a 4-year cacher, it took haircuts and trucks to get me on the forum.

tnlnsl0ln.jpg

Does this count as a give away that I cache?

Hey, all. Late to the party here, but there's a story involved. First, I am a cacher since '07, but I'm not a regular contributor to this board. In fact, you may never hear from me again after this post, but it's relevant.

OK, the story: I just went through my closets to find some clothes I can donate. Among the shirts I pulled out was one that I have not worn since summer of '05. In the pocket of said shirt was a plastic decoder film -- those transparent red films you look at blue and red images through to see the hidden message -- that I got from Great Clips. It was to allow me to enter the Great Clips Great Dakota Giveaway, an online contest to win a Dodge Dakota. (Coincidentally, I was driving a Dakota at the time.) I went online after I found this thing and, of course, www.greatdakotagiveaway.com is long since defunct. So I did a Google image search for it. Because I searched for the term "giveaway", I found this license plate, and I said, "Wait a minute... TNLNSL, I know what that means!" I clicked on the image and it took me here. So, despite being a 4-year cacher, it took haircuts and trucks to get me on the forum.

Yup...that's my plate. What a weird way for you to find it..Welcome to the forums none the less!

I got a TB for my rig, its not quite as matching as I thought the images would have me believe (my truck is silver, and the magnetic TB pics had me believe it was gray also, but its an off white/gray).

Nobody has yet to discover it :laughing: TB3GY4H I wasn't sure how big it would be either, nice small size kinda wished there was a duplicate for the other side too :(

Now if I could just get plates: CACHER they ought to be happy.

Oh, oh they're on to me! Unfortunately not only cachers. Got a nice close up picture of my truck in the mail the other day. Attached was the nice $124 ticket for speeding, or parking infraction as they listed it since they didn't know who was driving. Speed trap on a back road in Lake Forest Park. Don't be surprised to see a warning cache pop up nearby. :(

We saw a minivan with a TB on it at the Orthadonist in Vancouver a few weeks back, but pending traffic was pushing us out before we could say hi.

(as an aside, we met GeoJerry7 based on seeing his license plate from on his car several months back. Haven't seen him since, but it was a cool way to meet someone who you see signing logs).

Just as we were entering the Good Will store in Silverdale we saw Renee of the Steve and Renee team rushing out. She was so quick we missed saying hello. Dick and Arlene

I spotted you and your license plate a year or so ago entering Bellingham driving north on I-5. I didn't have my gpsr on me at the time to hold up, and my wife was driving and would have thought I was nuts if I said pull behind him and flash your lights, lol. Maybe next time we'll get to meet.

Sorry we missed you. We usually go for a three day trip to Bellingham to geocache. We use three vehicles, a white Roadtrek van with W7WT and Geocaching on the spare, or a Scion T5 with Geocaching Stickers or a 2000 Land Cruiser with W7WT plates & stickers. Sounds like we were in the Land Crusher. I have acquired a new Aortic Valve since then and just now getting back to do a little geocaching.

Thanks for the sighting and we will probably be back up that way this fall. Dick and Arlene

Edited by W7WT