Geocacher Sighting - cachemobile

Wander Lost

I saw a blue Ford Focus today at 6:10pm leaving the Bear Creek area of Redmond. It had a square geocaching sticker in the back window with a happy bunny sticker above that. It traveled along Avandale to Novelty Hill Rd out to HWY 203. I followed directly behind it untill 6:20 when it turned south at the 124th ST roundabout at HWY 203 south of Duvall.

Any idea who it was?

I saw a blue Ford Focus today at 6:10pm leaving the Bear Creek area of Redmond. It had a square geocaching sticker in the back window with a happy bunny sticker above that. It traveled along Avandale to Novelty Hill Rd out to HWY 203. I followed directly behind it untill 6:20 when it turned south at the 124th ST roundabout at HWY 203 south of Duvall.

Any idea who it was?

Intolerable?

On S 320th in Federal Way at about 12:50 p.m. today, I spotted a white Saturn with a white Geocaching.com sticker in the upper left back window. I tried to catch up in my blue Saturn, but my lane was too slow. To the drivers next to us, we might've looked like twins with my white GC.com sticker in the same spot.

It looked like the driver might have been a redhead, and the license plate might have started with "125-".

Hi!

I saw a dark blue or purple Scion with a Geocaching license plate frame and a geocaching sticker in the back window on the west exit from I90. The driver looked like The Jester. I waved, but I was riding in a Forest Service truck and did not have my GPS.

Edited by Dwoodford

I saw a dark blue or purple Scion with a Geocaching license plate frame and a geocaching sticker in the back window on the west exit from I90. The driver looked like The Jester. I waved, but I was riding in a Forest Service truck and did not have my GPS.

But wasn't.

Then it was someone I don't know. I wasn't sure.

Maybe Two JJ? I think they have a Scion and are based out of the North Bend area. Of course I don't know if the "west exit from I90" is anywhere near North Bend.

Maybe Two JJ? I think they have a Scion and are based out of the North Bend area. Of course I don't know if the "west exit from I90" is anywhere near North Bend.

Oops. I left out the part about it being North Bend!!!! :sad::)

Do they have a big beard like The Jester's?

Only one of them has a beard.

Only one of them has a beard.

That would make sense.

Check this out... This is what I have on my geo-vehicle, talk about geocachers on the road sightings.

*link removed by moderator*

OfficialLogoLarge.jpg

Mike aka Altigenman

Today at about 4:55 while driving on I-5 around the King/Pierce county border I was passed by a car with California plates. I thought that they were making some obscene hand gesture at me at first because I was driving in the granny lane talking on my cell phone.

Then I noticed that what they had in their had was actually a Garmin eTrex Venture. :unsure:

We've had this happen a few times where people waived their gps at us on the freeway so I thought I'd start a thread so we can post when we see a fellow geocacher on the road.

So, to the guy in the silver Mazda Convertable: Hi!! I saw you, but would have had to take my other hand off the wheel to wave back! :ph34r:

Edited by Team Misguided

That was my first thought too. Gotta be TwoJJ. And if you haven't already had the pleasure of meeting them, you really should. They are both hilariously funny.

I saw a white Honda Camry with a I'd rather be geocaching license plate frame going east on HWY 18 just east of Auburn tonight at about 8:20. I honked and gave them a thumbs up. I was driving a white Dodge Stratus. Anyone know the vehicle?

Edited by Dwoodford

Two early morning sightings (read:no coffee yet so brain not functioning properly to write details down) on the way to the park and ride at the same intersection in Renton -- Puget & old Benson road.

Car #1: Silver with a Signal antenna ball

Car #2: A dark colored Toyota with a TB decal on the back. If the light had not changed, I would have jumped out to get the number.

Today on my way home from work, I ended up following a white Honda CRV plate 997 ROA. It has a Groundspeak sticker on the back window and a geocaching licence plate holder. I was on Hwy 18 and we both got off at the Covington exit at about 6:15 tonight. Was this you?

I'm pretty sure I've seen this vehicle in my area too, north on Hwy 9 between Arlington and Mount Vernon. We were also caching that day, but we were already running late to pick up the geo-kidlet or we would have turned around! Hmmmmm, but I actually think the white CRV we spotted had a travel bug sticker in the back window (bottom left) and not a Groundspeak sticker....?

Lucyandrickie have a black Honda CR-V with a TB sticker. Don't know where they are this weekend, though.

It wasn't us. We spent the entire day in Redmond at the REI scratch n' dent.

whoa...wait a minute?!?! A REI scratch n' dent?!?! In Redmond?!?! Is this different from the Redmond store listed on their website? My mom is coming in from Alaska this month and a REI scratch n' dent sounds like fun while she's here!

Lucyandrickie have a black Honda CR-V with a TB sticker. Don't know where they are this weekend, though.

whoa...wait a minute?!?! A REI scratch n' dent?!?! In Redmond?!?! Is this different from the Redmond store listed on their website? My mom is coming in from Alaska this month and a REI scratch n' dent sounds like fun while she's here!

Same store. The S&D is what they call a Garage Sale on used and returned equipment. They hold this kind of sale every few months to get it out of their warehouse. I haven't gone to one yet. I hate standing in lines to get in.

That being said, if she's going to visit an REI, the flag ship in Seattle is THE place to go.

Edited by TotemLake

Same store. The S&D is what they call a Garage Sale on used and returned equipment. They hold this kind of sale every few months to get it out of their warehouse. I haven't gone to one yet. I hate standing in lines to get in.

That being said, if she's going to visit an REI, the flag ship in Seattle is THE place to go.

Oh yes, we quite frequently visit that store. I was just hoping there was a hidden one. But thanks for the info!

Oh yes, we quite frequently visit that store. I was just hoping there was a hidden one. But thanks for the info!

:rolleyes: I spy with my little eye... :rolleyes:

A black and gold (not-late-model) Expedition heading east on Highway 8 (er, N 47 02.959, W 123 14.205 if you want to get REALLY specific) at 1:49 pm, Sunday Nov 1.

Back window stickerage: 1) oval "MB" sticker above another unidentifiable sticker on the lower left and 2) a TB on the lower right.

Other identifying marks... whomever this geocacher is... s/he drives like a bat outta h*ll.

michelle

Was caching in Seabeck today....headed in the wrong direction and used a driveway to turn around. And what do you know, a cachemobile was in the driveway! Looked like it could have been Seabeck Tribe's, but was backed up against the garage so we could not see the spare. I would guess that we used your driveway! Whodathunkit? We were just outside of town, near Moose's Key. Smallish maroon SUV.

Edited by Jomer & Traci

I remember cars and faces. Today after geocaching up on Kent's East Hill we were heading west on SE 240th Street and behind us the light in a burgundy Saturn may have been Prying Pandora in the passenger seat. She was with a young woman and we were in another burgundy Saturn in front of them. We have a "questioning Obama" bumper sticker on our car.

Ken

aka 1/4 Brodiebunch

I remember cars and faces. Today after geocaching up on Kent's East Hill we were heading west on SE 240th Street and behind us the light in a burgundy Saturn may have been Prying Pandora in the passenger seat. She was with a young woman and we were in another burgundy Saturn in front of them. We have a "questioning Obama" bumper sticker on our car.

Ken

aka 1/4 Brodiebunch

That was me! My daughter was taking me to pick up my car from an oil change. We were curious about your bumper sticker and giving it a good look while we were stopped behind you.

I spotted a silver Mercury Mariner or Mountaineer with a Geocaching.com sticker in the back window on I-5 in Lakewood this evening. The window also had a "Team" something sticker at the top, and a "DS" or "DC" oval sticker. Of course, I had to cut the driver off to make my sticker and plate frame visible. We both exited at Bridgeport Way, gave nods of recognition to each other, and went separate ways. It felt like I'd seen them somewhere before, but can't place it.

I saw a dark colored Jeep Grand Cherokee (I think) with a TB sticker in front of the Covington Shucks Auto Parts store last wednesday, I believe. I'm not sure what exact color it was, since we went by fairly quick on Kent Kangley.

Edited by Dwoodford

Was caching in Seabeck today....headed in the wrong direction and used a driveway to turn around. And what do you know, a cachemobile was in the driveway! Looked like it could have been Seabeck Tribe's, but was backed up against the garage so we could not see the spare. I would guess that we used your driveway! Whodathunkit? We were just outside of town, near Moose's Key. Smallish maroon SUV.

Most likely it was us. :D Sorry to miss ya!

Lummieh

aka Ole Woman of the Tribe

We saw a Toyota Matrix with a Geocaching four-square & a TB sticker in the back window on I-5 yesterday afternoon. We slowed down and pulled along side of them long enough so I could write down the TB#. Then we moved ahead of them and pulled over so they could do the same with our TB tag #. We waved as they passed us.

Edited by Wander Lost

Today on my way home from work, I ended up following a white Honda CRV plate 997 ROA. It has a Groundspeak sticker on the back window and a geocaching licence plate holder. I was on Hwy 18 and we both got off at the Covington exit at about 6:15 tonight. Was this you?

I guess I should check this thread more often, don't know how I missed this back in Oct. of 2007 :)

That would be my CR-V. :rolleyes::unsure:

Edited to add the year, it was older than I thought.

Edited by uxorious

We saw you whomever you are. We three (LandRover, Turn180 and I) at the Trailhead of Monte Cristo. We were tailgating after a great day of hiking the Monte Cristo and you drove in with your blue pickup with CB antennas. Little did we realize you were a geocacher until we saw the Travel Bug sticker in your rear window as you drove away after using the restroom. We yelled after you but alas, you missed out on a beer.