Geocacher Sighting - cachemobile

Wander Lost

Today at about 4:55 while driving on I-5 around the King/Pierce county border I was passed by a car with California plates. I thought that they were making some obscene hand gesture at me at first because I was driving in the granny lane talking on my cell phone.

Then I noticed that what they had in their had was actually a Garmin eTrex Venture. ;)

We've had this happen a few times where people waived their gps at us on the freeway so I thought I'd start a thread so we can post when we see a fellow geocacher on the road.

So, to the guy in the silver Mazda Convertable: Hi!! I saw you, but would have had to take my other hand off the wheel to wave back! :lol:

My van is a rolling ad for GC.com!!!!

I have a license plate frame, a hitch cover, a cito sticker, a Signal antenna ball, a fractal gc sticker and a geocaching.com sticker.

I normally don't place anything on my vehicle but I do have Signal antenna ball sitting on my dash ;) The little guy leads the way to all my caches!

v/r

O-Mega

I have been told that I am not very subtle. ;)

XL7.jpg

Oh ya... there are stickers on the front and back bumpers and little signal hanging on for dear life on top of the antena.

Haven't had anyone honk or wave, but did have a cop (another story :lol: ) ask me what GeoCaching was! Also had people stop and ask about caching in parking lots.

Happy Caching

Lummieh

My van is a rolling ad for GC.com!!!!

I have a license plate frame, a hitch cover, a cito sticker, a Signal antenna ball, a fractal gc sticker and a geocaching.com sticker.

Lol.............and I asked if you had A sticker or decal, I guess it's a good thing some auto maker doesn't fashion a vehicle that looks like a ammo box with wheels. ;)

tnlnsl0ln.jpg

Does this count as a give away that I cache?

Hea I have license plate just like that hanging on my wall here at the house! :P

Great idea. <_<

Pepper

I wondered if they made you turn that in when you moved away, Pepper. I guess not!

Do you suppose the people that make licence plates wonder why that combination of letters is so desirable? ;):huh:;)

6e0e9de0-d69c-4ad5-b855-fe8e8a0e09b6.jpg

tnlnsl0ln.jpg

We got to see this one today at Coinapalooza!

There was another license plate there too, I think it said HYDNSEEK or something like that.

I am surprised that they drive this vehicle without it being registered (there are no tags on the plate!)

Yeah, that is strange!

But I've been wondering who got Pepper's plate when she moved - now we know! Congrats, -Hawk-.

And yes, that's HYDNSEK on mine, coreynjoey. <_<

tnlnsl0ln.jpg

There was another license plate there too, I think it said HYDNSEEK or something like that.

I am surprised that they drive this vehicle without it being registered (there are no tags on the plate!)

Yeah, that is strange!

But I've been wondering who got Pepper's plate when she moved - now we know! Congrats, -Hawk-.

Duh, I'm a dork! Sometimes I pretend I'm blonde and you have to spell things out for me!

tnlnsl0ln.jpg

Yeah, that is strange!

Front plates don't require tags. Just the rear. Notice the fog lights.

Edited by TotemLake

tnlnsl0ln.jpg

Yeah, that is strange!

Front plates don't require tags. Just the rear. Notice the fog lights.

Yes, it is legit. I have all the appropriate tags/registration requirements on the rear plate. I did have to give up a very low numbered mariner stadium plate to get this one with the chance that i wouldnt get it. After a couple of calls to Olympia and many weeks (I think 8-10) early in 06', I found out it was mine....WoooHooo

Thanks Pepper ;)

OK sorry, hynsek but I did see your rig in Olympia today. I had just got on I-5 looked at the car ahead of me and I see your license plate.

When I went past you I was going to honk but then thought,"She might think it's some sorta crazy woman in a Buick Regal waving at her." Then I thought of honking and giving you the geo-caching sign. By then you were going one way and I was speeding to my exit.

Next time I will try to wave or something. :D

Edited by IronMaiden

OK sorry, hynsek but I did see your rig in Olympia today. I had just got on I-5 looked at the car ahead of me and I see your license plate.

When I went past you I was going to honk but then thought,"She might think it's some sorta crazy woman in a Buick Regal waving at her." Then I thought of honking and giving you the geo-caching sign. By then you were going one way and I was speeding to my exit.

Next time I will try to wave or something. <_<

Just now saw this - kewl! I was headed down to Oregon for the weekend, after a stop in Olympia to bag another county. Yah, wave and honk next time!

lol...i need to check the forums more often...that was me headed home!

I just got the car in cali and hadn't registered it yet. Its my new turbo cachemobile!

www.mattalbertson.com/msm

Nice to briefly see you WL :laughing:

Thanks,

Matt Albertson

Caching by Miata... the best way to double the fun of both activities! Lots of cachers at Club Miata, Matt... come join us sometime!

You've got it right, Matt...I am another member of the Miata cachers! (maybe we should start a group!) Remember that night we both showed up for a FTF near your house in Fremont? It was Miata vs. Miata....and I don't think either of us found it because the coordinates were wrong!! I also cache on my motorcycle; 1100 Yamaha Virago...anyone else cache by motorcycle? I agree with Matt...doubles your pleasure!!

Most often, I am in a tractor-trailer, and have been considering TURNING MY VEHICLE INTO A TRAVEL BUG.

Wonder how many hits I could get this way?

There are a few of us that have our vehicles 'bugged'...

BTW, Lookout Lisa is a local distributer of those Bug decals if you're interested...

Yep, lots of us are "tagged." :laughing:

You can also buy the car decals online directly from OneStopCacheShop (which currently is closed till Nov. 26). You can choose from several options - inside or outside decal, one decal or two, magnetic or not, with TB tags or without, etc etc.

I saw a Silver Gray Chevy Avalanche in the parking lot of the Ellensburg Fred Meyer tonight with the license plate Trinkits. They may or may not have been cachers, and there were no geocaching symbols on it. It had a bunch of pink or purple turtle stickers in the back window. BTW, if you ever see a white Dodge Stratus with the licence W7SY, or a silver and red trimmed 1992 Dodge Dakota with the licence K7DPT with a 23 year old male driving, that would be me. Neither has Geocaching markings, yet though, but I am considering getting a magnet.

A couple days back at the intersection of 148th and Redmond way at about 6:45 AM, I saw you staring at me from a Black Honda with a GEO tag on your spare tire. I was reaching for something out of my backpack in the back seat. I was in a white Jeep Grand Cherokee, with Taz Devil on the side you were on, and on the tailgate with a pewter Geocache hitch cover.

A couple days back at the intersection of 148th and Redmond way at about 6:45 AM, I saw you staring at me from a Black Honda with a GEO tag on your spare tire. I was reaching for something out of my backpack in the back seat. I was in a white Jeep Grand Cherokee, with Taz Devil on the side you were on, and on the tailgate with a pewter Geocache hitch cover.

I can't believe you didn't recognise the car. You did seem to be pretty sleepy eyed.

I can't believe you didn't recognise the car. You did seem to be pretty sleepy eyed.

I did my best to recollect. :D I was barely functioning that day. I hadn't had my first pot of coffee yet, ;) stressed to the max at my new job ;) and it was the percursor of things to come for the remainder of the week. :(

I helped Rey Del Roble avoid a DNF on a cache in Eburg today. I was driving past a cache this morning which is near a four way stop, and spotted someone with a GPS while stopped, and I just knew they had to be a cacher, the way they were searching for the cache. I parked near by and ran up and let him know he was looking in the wrong area. The cache has some special instructions about how to find it, which were not showing up in his PDA, so I gave him a nudge in the correct direction and he found it quickly.

I helped Rey Del Roble avoid a DNF on a cache in Eburg today. I was driving past a cache this morning which is near a four way stop, and spotted someone with a GPS while stopped, and I just knew they had to be a cacher, the way they were searching for the cache. I parked near by and ran up and let him know he was looking in the wrong area. The cache has some special instructions about how to find it, which were not showing up in his PDA, so I gave him a nudge in the correct direction and he found it quickly.

I probadly would driven past making sure I sprayed some icy slush on him. :unsure: