Oregon 400T Map Views

When I purchased my Oregon 400T I used it on the highway to navigate from point A to point B. I could get it to display a map that is very similar to a Nuvi which project a view across a plain where you could see ahead. It was ver nice. I liked it so much I got City Navigator on DVD and installed it. Now I do not have the really great map view anymore. Does anyone know how to restore it? :)

Try this: From the main screen, click SETUP button. Click MAP icon (about 3rd one down), Click on ORIENTATION and select AUTOMOTIVE MODE. NAVIGATE back to the main screen and select MAP Following this, you might have to adjust your + or - to get the view you like of the map available. I have the 400T and City Nav 2009.

Try this: From the main screen, click SETUP button. Click MAP icon (about 3rd one down), Click on ORIENTATION and select AUTOMOTIVE MODE. NAVIGATE back to the main screen and select MAP Following this, you might have to adjust your + or - to get the view you like of the map available. I have the 400T and City Nav 2009.

That did the trick, I really appreciate it. I asked Garmin this question yesterday and you were quicker then they! THANKS :unsure:

I have the Oregon 400t as well. I've noticed when switching between profiles sometimes my Automotive profile 'forgets' that it's supposed to be using 'automotive' view. I just have to jump into the setup screen and reset it.

FWIW, I just recently updated to the 3.60 software version, and was previously running 3.42beta.

Purely anecdotal - in case you see similar behavior.

Thought that would do the trick, great, glad to help.

I have the Oregon 400t as well. I've noticed when switching between profiles sometimes my Automotive profile 'forgets' that it's supposed to be using 'automotive' view. I just have to jump into the setup screen and reset it.

My 400T on occasion, does the same thing, haven't been able to find a reason or a pattern as to why either. I had one time several updates ago that it even "lost" one of my profiles and I had to redo it.

Edited by dostuffgps