Inputting Coords on a Colorado

I'm having issues entering multiple caches from a query or route or search result. I got the list of caches near the point I wanted, selected all and attempted to upload them to my 400. The first batch appeared alright, but the second, third etc are not. And when I attempted to upload the GC waypoints I have loaded on mapsource from my map60 they show up only as waypoints but not as geocaches. Whats the easy way for me to upload the gpx file? I just got this machine today and was really excited to take on a trip this weekend, but fear I'll be loading each one by hand again.

I'm having issues entering multiple caches from a query or route or search result. I got the list of caches near the point I wanted, selected all and attempted to upload them to my 400. The first batch appeared alright, but the second, third etc are not. And when I attempted to upload the GC waypoints I have loaded on mapsource from my map60 they show up only as waypoints but not as geocaches. Whats the easy way for me to upload the gpx file? I just got this machine today and was really excited to take on a trip this weekend, but fear I'll be loading each one by hand again.

Don't load from Mapsource...you'll lose a lot of valuable information (Description, Logs, Hints, etc).

Just drop the GPX file directly to the d:\Garmin\GPX folder when the GPS is attached to your computer is Mass Storage mode (shows a picture of the GPS connected to a computer on its screen).

I have tried to enter coords that way (create a new waypoint and then edit it) and I keep getting an error message saying the Waypoint Memory if Full.

I use GSAK and the macro to load the coords off of my GSAK program and I am loading less than 1000 caches at a time so I don't think it is full like it says. How am I screwing this up? I know that I can enter it that way because I do it with Vista Cx that way. I have also gone into the GPX folder on the unit and deleted the cache and current cache files to make sure that I do not have any carry over.

Thanks

Ron

Also when you add a GPX file to the unit it over writes the file before it so you can't add multiple files. You get the data from the last one you load and the others are over written.

I have tried to enter coords that way (create a new waypoint and then edit it) and I keep getting an error message saying the Waypoint Memory if Full.

I use GSAK and the macro to load the coords off of my GSAK program and I am loading less than 1000 caches at a time so I don't think it is full like it says. How am I screwing this up? I know that I can enter it that way because I do it with Vista Cx that way. I have also gone into the GPX folder on the unit and deleted the cache and current cache files to make sure that I do not have any carry over.

Geocaches and Waypoints are different...you can have 2,000 geocaches and 1,000 waypoints on your Colorado. It sounds like you've filled up the waypoint memory and you need to delete either a few, or all of them, to make room for new ones. Go to the waypoint manager and hit the left button, there's an option to Delete All...or selecte a waypoint and hit the left button, there's an option to delete that waypoint.

Also when you add a GPX file to the unit it over writes the file before it so you can't add multiple files. You get the data from the last one you load and the others are over written.

Save the GPX file to a new name so you don't overwrite the existing file. I manage my GPX files on the GPS by using the name I gave the PQ when I created it (e.g. Home) so I know what it is, rather than the number the website assigned to it (e.g. 2224092). Just remember that you can only have 2,000 geocaches loaded...so if you load 4 PQs that each contain 500 geocaches then you can only have 4 GPX files on your GPS. If you want to add a new one you would have to delete one of the old ones.

The GPX files are stored in d:\Garmin\GPX

Thanks for the response Fegan.

Now I think I have another problem. I must have changed something, but now when I click to download waypoints, it wants to save them as a LOC file rather than GPX. I can't figure out how to change this setting. I think the first time it saved as GPX but while futzing around it/I switched to LOC. Any suggestions there? Or am I just not looking hard enuf?

*Edit*

I think I may have figured out my problem. That is, I need to download the GPX file that the query produces and sends to me via email in a ZIP file, save that to my b:garmin/gpx folder and then save those to the 400.. (I hope :wub:

*Edit2*

Yay!!1! I finally figured it out and got it to work. I had my destination incorrect and was storing them on my computer thinking they were being uploaded.. um, magically? Actually I think that on my computer I have a several Garmin folders and the one that was the default location was not where they needed to be going which was of course on the GPS itself. Phew. Smiles.

Edited by dugfresh