Convert numbers into coordinates

On a similar subject, how to convert lat/long to grid reference to co-ordinates (old money & decimal) would be useful for this noob! :lol:

If you go onto the cache listing page, there's a link to "Convert" the given long/lat into various formats :P I have to do it to use my phone's GPS, and it's still fairly good (even if sometimes I have to miss off a figure or two off the end).

there isn't one site in particular that would solve puzzles, there's way too many kinds of puzzles out there, you need to figure out on your own what the core of the puzzle is than you may be able to find some site that would deal with that particular one

we hit our head against the table with this one for 2 weeks till we figured it out and there was no website that could solve it

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...a7-86637eeb3ca3

Edited by t4e

Remember that most quickie conversions from WGS-84 (lat/lon coords) to OSGB-36 (grid ref) are approximate and can be quite inaccurate (can be several metres or more).

If you need accurate conversion, this tool from the OS is where you need to look. Its disclaimer warns you that it could be as much as 2cm out :P:lol:

Edited by JeremyR

Remember that most quickie conversions from WGS-84 (lat/lon coords) to OSGB-36 (grid ref) are approximate and can be quite inaccurate (can be several metres or more).

If you need accurate conversion, this tool from the OS is where you need to look. Its disclaimer warns you that it could be as much as 2cm out :laughing::D

2cm :) I'm not sure I'd ever find it !

If you need accurate conversion, this tool from the OS is where you need to look. Its disclaimer warns you that it could be as much as 2cm out :laughing::D

Well you must be using it all the time then as you still have no finds to your name. soapbox-1.gif

Edited by DrDick&Vick

Well you must be using it all the time then as you still have no finds to your name. soapbox-1.gif

LOL - I've thought about this and I can only assume you wanted to check my profile to see which series I'd done to work out which AMC I had been following, so you would know who was cheating. So I think it's my duty to remain anonimouse to protect the (un) innocent!