Pocket Querry Issues

WolfSpring

I searched for any other issues and did not find them. Here is my delima. I am a primium member and would love to get the pocket querry to work right, but it does not like me. Week 1 I set it up, to do a simple querry and added to the key and everything was good to go, then I realized that all My Geocaches were from Kuwait, which I was in last year, so I go back and check my settings, sure enough, there my home location was the coords for Kuwait, I change them to colorado. But I cannot redo my querry for another week. So I go in this time, and to be sure I click the "from zip code" option, put in my zip code. Run the querry this time, pay special attention and sure enough it is Colorado. I check to make sure it is the only Querry in my list, check the box, and then I add to Key I get the email, and.... WTF IT"S KUWAIT AGAIN. I go back, no settings for Kuwait, nothing in my querry list except colorado, and now I have to wait another week to run anything, it is very frustrating that this is supposed to be one of the bennifits of being a premium member, yet I can't seem to get this to work. Now I've been around and I'm no dummy, but I"m already going to "assume" I've missed some key step, that my ADHD missed an important instruction on the "creating your first pocket querry" so I'm going to be patient and wait for one of you people to say hey DA(yeah it's dumbA) did you do this and I"mgoing to go OMFG how did I not see that. But in case I am wrong is there any known "bugs" with this thing? Ilook forward to being educated, untill then I'll just have to hand click all the points I want. Thank you, and please don't use this as an excuse to show your true colors and flame the heck out of me, I've already admited I could be overlooking a simple setting. Thank you. :P:P:lol:

Edited by WolfSpring

First off - here is a nice tutorial http://www.markwell.us/pq.htm

Second - Any PQ can be run once per 24 hours - so I suspect that you are clicking on the submit button for the very special - "my finds" PQ - and it is showing you all the finds you had when overseas. That is the only one limited to weekly use.

What you need to do to get your PQ going is select a day of the week for it to run and it will do so automatically.

Are the caches you are receiving in your query, ones you found while in Kuwait? It sounds to me as if you are using the add to queue button, This would also explain the wait a week comment. You can run the special my finds query once every 6 days and do so by using the add to queue button. For regular queries, you need to choose a day to run. I usually set mine up, submit them, preview them and then choose what day I want to run them. The best instructions I know of are here, http://www.markwell.us/pq.htm . The process is more complex than it ought to be because pqs have evolved but the code base has not been revised from the beginning. I think that process is currently under way. Good luck and thank you for your service.

Team Traran

You made me LOL so thanks and thanks for your service.

But....seriously read Markwell's pages that others posted here.

And also, you get 5 a day so if something doesn't work out make another, use a different name and you can run it again that same day. Only one that can only run once a week is the my finds. The rest can run once a day per PQ name.

Ah I will read the tutorial, and yes I am clicking add to key as far as the Kuwait stuff, the querry is solid with what I want, but when I add to key and it emails me a GPX file it's only the Kuwait and some Georgia stuff, where I was before I went to kuwait. Thank you for the info.

I see exactly what I did wrong now... So If I want an imediate querry I cannot get that can I? I have to wait intill the designated time to run the querry? Thanks again.

You can check the box for Monday and it will be queue'd up almost immediately. You should receive any new queries within 5-10 minutes.

I'd say that to make it clean, start off with a brand new query and disable the old one.

Then follow some of the advice I have on markwell.us/pq.htm...

Do NOT select any days to run (yet). This has to do with testing the data prior to getting it e-mailed to you.

Set your pocket query up with the actual coordinates of the center. The home coordinates are supposedly working now, but if you REALLY want to be sure, use "From Coordinates" and hand-enter them.

When the query is fully entered, you should get something at the top after submission that says...

Thanks! Your pocket query has been modified and currently results in xxx caches. You can preview the search on the nearest cache page.

The xxx is the number in the result (500 if it maxed out).

Click the link of the preview the search - you'll see the caches that should be in your query but the preview doesn't count against your number generated during the day.

Once you have the preview correct, click a Day of the Week to have it sent to you, not the "Add to Queue" (as others have said).

Thank you all, I have figured it out!!! And my two little girls (8 and 6) Say thank you very very much. The got there Geomate Jr.s last week and the weekend was straight crap for weather and now they are on spring break and I can take them out. I feel like a DA. :lol:

I see exactly what I did wrong now... So If I want an imediate querry I cannot get that can I? I have to wait intill the designated time to run the querry? Thanks again.
You can check the box for Monday and it will be queue'd up almost immediately. You should receive any new queries within 5-10 minutes.
To augment to Nate's great statement, if you absolutely HAVE to have a result set right now, if you haven't used up your five, create a new query, preview the results to check it, then select today - you should receive ANY new query in 5-10 minutes, unless there's some problem with the server.

I did figure that out, thank you so much for the help. Had an amazing day of geocaching with the girls, though the geomate JR does not share all the same caches as what I querried, apparantly it only does traditional caches, which are more fun for my girls anyways. They found 4 with the geomates today and 3 other Micros.